To be considered for this position, all applicants must have previous Vapor Recovery experience.
Conduct and properly document testing, maintenance, and repairs of UST’s and AST’s. Technician will ensure that state and local regulatory directives regarding storage and monitoring systems are met. Work closely with client personnel as company representative. Perform maintenance and troubleshooting without direct supervision.
- ICC Service Technician certification required
- ICC UST Install/Retrofit a plus
- ICC Vapor Recovery Testing & Repair certification
- ICC Vapor Recovery Installation & Repair certification
- Veeder Root Level 4 certification
- Healy Vapor recovery certification
- Valid California Driver License and ability to drive extensively (throughout the workweek, some weekends, occasional out of state work).
- Current 24 hour HAZWOPER certificate a plus
- 2+ years’ experience with UST monitoring and fuel system/service station maintenance
- Ability to work and trouble shoot independently
- Ability to understand and conform to complex regulatory requirements
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Outlook and other Programs or Databases
- Ability to pass physical exam, drug screening, background check, and MVR
- Perform required monitoring certification, secondary containment testing, and spill bucket testing per state regulatory requirements
- Perform vapor recovery testing per state regulatory requirements
- Ability to diagnose and perform repairs to Aboveground & Underground storage tank systems
- Drive company work truck to client job sites, often 100+ miles per day
- Ability to work with laptop computer to enter test data online, use email & internet
- Perform all work safely according to company and client job safety requirements