Pay rates and benefits

Looking for work? Post your resume here.
drdave

Pay rates and benefits

Post by drdave » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:37 am

I'm from the north east. Thinking about a relocation to south east. Making $30 per hour. With 4 weeks vacation. Health dental life and disability insurance. Also company paid 401k. Just wondering what other areas are offering I will add I've been at this over 20 years.

highongas
Pump Jockey

Re: Pay rates and benefits

Post by highongas » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:38 pm

I doubt that you will get all that in the southeast.

billynchrisnpa
Pump Jockey

Post by billynchrisnpa » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:06 am

Won't get it in the southwest either.
Bill

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:31 am

I'm told that every day is like a vacation on Guam.

There are companies in the South East and South West that pay and weigh in with great benefits. When looking to transplant one sometimes has to just look and think outside the box. While residing and working below the Masson Dixon line may require a step or two back through the "Way Back Machine" it most certainly provides access to a cheaper cost of living.

While prospecting one is wise to choose a company that provides vestment in the sharing of profit. Employees well vested in the profitability of the company where they work make substantially more money on the basis of profit than an hourly rate. If one expects a company to provide the full list of benefits then it is likely you will end up taking home at the top $1,200.00 a week no matter where ones perch is planted. If vested with a net making $1,200.00 a day one usually is better off finding and paying for benefits on there own.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"