Rebuilt MX760's

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
nelsonpw
Head Tech

Re: Rebuilt MX760's

Post by nelsonpw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Just got a 'repaired' MX760 back from the Lincoln repair facility today. They're not even trying anymore. No slip saying what they found wrong. No gasket. Service tamper activated from the get-go.
This is my signature. There are others like it but this one is mine.

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Post by Joejohnson » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:57 pm

nelsonpw wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 pm
Just got a 'repaired' MX760 back from the Lincoln repair facility today. They're not even trying anymore. No slip saying what they found wrong. No gasket. Service tamper activated from the get-go.
If VF and Gilbarco employees had to face the end user they would reject mediocrity.

eagle1
Pump Jockey

Post by eagle1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Joejohnson wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:04 pm
eagle1 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:25 pm
Will it be a bigger headache to wait for the batteries to fail & then change them all, as opposed to proactively changing them all before they fail?

What is the average shelf life on them?

Thanks in advance JOE
The batteries are the root of the breach issues VF dealt with for a few years.

Once the batteries drop below the required voltage a power loss to the site will trigger a breach.

2/3 years is standard. Some units have the suggested battery replace date printed on them.

Otherwise, take in to account 6 months in the warehouse before the install.

Proactive is better than reactive. Not to mention, the issue is not so much the unit itself as we all know electronics fail. The issue in the past, as stated, was due to battery issues. Now they are stable but finding a functional replacement has been known to take 6 weeks or more since they are now obsolete and quality control is hit or miss.

Ask your local VASC and good luck.
I have communicated this to service company.

Just curious how can they change this battery with unit powered up as this battery plug is below a board and apparently needs to be powered down. wouldn't changing battery powered down cause a "breach"

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Post by Joejohnson » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:23 pm

eagle1 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:06 pm
Joejohnson wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:04 pm
eagle1 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:25 pm
Will it be a bigger headache to wait for the batteries to fail & then change them all, as opposed to proactively changing them all before they fail?

What is the average shelf life on them?

Thanks in advance JOE
The batteries are the root of the breach issues VF dealt with for a few years.

Once the batteries drop below the required voltage a power loss to the site will trigger a breach.

2/3 years is standard. Some units have the suggested battery replace date printed on them.

Otherwise, take in to account 6 months in the warehouse before the install.

Proactive is better than reactive. Not to mention, the issue is not so much the unit itself as we all know electronics fail. The issue in the past, as stated, was due to battery issues. Now they are stable but finding a functional replacement has been known to take 6 weeks or more since they are now obsolete and quality control is hit or miss.

Ask your local VASC and good luck.
I have communicated this to service company.

Just curious how can they change this battery with unit powered up as this battery plug is below a board and apparently needs to be powered down. wouldn't changing battery powered down cause a "breach"
There are two power ports for connecting the new batteries while the old battery is still connected.

The unit has two that need replaced.

There is a document that outlines the procedure.

Pumpguy1633
Pump Jockey

Post by Pumpguy1633 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:20 am

cantdrive55 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:07 pm
We pulled them all out and replaced with new pumps except for the Tokheim where we installed a Wayne kit. (no one makes a 3 product suction anymore) I have all those MX parts just sitting if you're ever need some..
Installing a lot of 4+0 and 4+1 Encore suctions. NC2 and NG2 model Encores are 3 grade suction.

We get the rebuilt 760s from Gilbarco. Take at least 2 even if you just need one.
Customer - "Are you changing the prices?"

Me- "Yea, that's what these pipe wrenches are for."

Customer- "Is it going up or down?"