Verifone PLU Retrieve Help

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
sdp
Pump Jockey

Verifone PLU Retrieve Help

Post by sdp » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Hello,

as mentioned in my previous post, we took over a site with verifone and I have very little experience with it. I am trying to change prices for some of the products (There's 270 pages worth).

For example: I want to change the price of Coca-Cola 16oz with this barcode: 04904403

I do this: Go under PLU, click retrieve PLU's, scan the barcode and insert it under PLU Number and click on retrieve page. It doesn't pull up anything. Its doing this for all the cigs and soda. What am I doing wrong here? I know it's in the system but it won't pull up.

TIA!

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Re: Verifone PLU Retrieve Help

Post by Joejohnson » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:05 am

sdp wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Hello,

as mentioned in my previous post, we took over a site with verifone and I have very little experience with it. I am trying to change prices for some of the products (There's 270 pages worth).

For example: I want to change the price of Coca-Cola 16oz with this barcode: 04904403

I do this: Go under PLU, click retrieve PLU's, scan the barcode and insert it under PLU Number and click on retrieve page. It doesn't pull up anything. Its doing this for all the cigs and soda. What am I doing wrong here? I know it's in the system but it won't pull up.

TIA!
Are you using different scanners?

pumpguy55
Head Tech

Post by pumpguy55 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:56 am

sdp wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:41 pm
Hello,

TIA!
Those are short barcodes. Type it in manually leaving the far right digit off. Your scanner needs to be programmed to ignore it, it is just a check digit.

You can also search by other fields, price, dept, etc

sdp
Pump Jockey

Post by sdp » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:25 pm

I think I figured it out, for example, the coca cola bar code I mentioned earlier, in my register it scans the UPC E and converts it to an UPC A. The scanner I have doesn't do that so I'll have to figure that out.

Secondly, how do I search by description without entering the other fields? When I type in the full barcode, it comes up and says Coca-Cola Classic. When I search "Classic" as like term, nothing comes up. What should I do differently?

pumpguy55
Head Tech

Post by pumpguy55 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:08 pm

sdp wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:25 pm
I think I figured it out, for example, the coca cola bar code I mentioned earlier, in my register it scans the UPC E and converts it to an UPC A. The scanner I have doesn't do that so I'll have to figure that out.

Secondly, how do I search by description without entering the other fields? When I type in the full barcode, it comes up and says Coca-Cola Classic. When I search "Classic" as like term, nothing comes up. What should I do differently?
This program is great for small country stores. If you are doing more than $1000 a day in groceries start shopping for a back office system. There are dozens of them.

The advantages start with more accurate pricing, pricing is automatically updated when groceries leave the warehouse.

Inventory management can be simplified by using a handheld scanner on the floor.

The payback is quick.

Do some research. Prices vary greatly from a few thousand to 15k. Research it.

sdp
Pump Jockey

Post by sdp » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:07 pm

We are a family owned business so not at a corporate level. We use a backoffice system (CSTOREPRO) but it was mostly with scannng stuff, but since this site was so new we were still setting up the back office.

pumpguy55
Head Tech

Post by pumpguy55 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 pm

sdp wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:07 pm
We are a family owned business so not at a corporate level. We use a backoffice system (CSTOREPRO) but it was mostly with scannng stuff, but since this site was so new we were still setting up the back office.
You are doing the right thing then.

Verifone has excellent videos on Youtube for the Commander

pumpguy55
Head Tech

Post by pumpguy55 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:39 pm

sdp wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:07 pm
You are doing the right thing then.

Verifone has excellent videos on Youtube for the Commander

rmurray
Head Tech

Post by rmurray » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:59 pm

sdp wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:25 pm
Are you using the drop down menu to pick the search option, such as "like" or "="?

sdp
Pump Jockey

Post by sdp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:19 pm

I was but since it wasn't converting from UPC-E to UPC-A, it wasn't searching. I've bought a computer scanner to get it to convert those and it pulls up now. Thanks!

For anyone searching, the scanner I bought is this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078N ... UTF8&psc=1

It's rather cheap and gets the job done.