Backoffice w Acumera

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
labbu63
Pump Jockey

Backoffice w Acumera

Post by labbu63 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:36 pm

Does anyone have any experience w Acumera MNSP?

Currently have a Valero site w commander plugged into Acumera Gateway w a Netgear Managed Switch. The gateway is plugged into an ATT Modem/Router combo. Backofice PC is connected to the ATT Router/Modem. I can't get the PC to connect to the Acumera Gateway.

Do I have to be connected directly to the Acumera Gateway? Support isn't really being helpful because they say this isn't an Acumera problem.

Thanks

jpollock

Re: Backoffice w Acumera

Post by jpollock » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:10 pm

I'm sorry for your trouble yesterday. Please call 512-687-7401 and we'll take care of you. Ask for Jake, or if I'm not available ask for DeWayne.

skonley
Head Tech

Post by skonley » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:29 am

never did an Accumera MNSP, but everybody else (Mako, Cybera, Control Scan) requires you to plug into their device for Back Office
Be alert - we need more lerts!

Okgasman
Head Tech

Post by Okgasman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:12 am

I have seen Acumera used two ways. The First, the MG is plugged into the same network as the Back office. in this Case, you will either need to manually set the BOPC outside of the DHCP zone or configure your router to bind the Mac address of the Back office PC to a set address. Then you would call Acumera and have them put that IP address on a white list.

The Other way I have seen is a second network plugged into the managed switch. If you do it this way, Acumera will have to set up a BOPC policy that will allow traffic from the BOPC to the verifone zone.

Both require the Acumera Noc team to write the allowed policies. I have put in Dozens Of them so far, both ways depending on the PC requirements of the site. The owner of the store or an authorized end user of the Acumera MG will need to verify that the changes are authorized

labbu63
Pump Jockey

Post by labbu63 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:15 am

So just for a general update for how I got everything to work.

The Acumera gateway is plugged into my network router/modem, and the BOPC into the network router/modem. I had to call Acumera to get them to to allow traffic to the gateway from my BOPC IP address. It took multiple calls for this to get achieved until I found someone who understood the issue I was having with communicating with the PC.

The workaround I also found was to bind my BOPC to 2 gateway IPs, one for my router/modem and one that only worked when accessing Acumera gateway IP addresses. I can give more info on the second solution if necessary.