PLLD - Line Manifolds -

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
ZeeRTI
Pump Jockey

PLLD - Line Manifolds -

Post by ZeeRTI » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:58 pm

Hello all,

We have 2 tanks running 87 unleaded and manifolded lines at the dispenser. Tank 1 - is 15k and Tank 2 - is 5K, we installed Veeder-Root PLLD to control both turbines however the tanks will never be balanced because one is bigger than the other and Alternate-Manifold option will not work as the 5k will always be the lesser tank. I have tried to program the PLLD as "All Pumps" in hopes of using both fuel in the tanks however the bigger tank bleeds back into the smaller tank. Any ideas? do we need a inline check valve on the smaller tank? any ideas on how we can use both tanks?

romfolmar
Head Tech

Re: PLLD - Line Manifolds -

Post by romfolmar » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:07 am

Any time you have 2 tanks with manifolded line you should have inline check valves at both tank outlets.

skonley
Head Tech

Post by skonley » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:24 am

Sequential
Be alert - we need more lerts!

Techie
Head Tech

Post by Techie » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:02 pm

Details please,

Console model
Submersible pump Brand
Tell me what your using so I can see a picture of what your attempting. You can program the plld setting for hieght, size of tank wont affect the hieght threshiold setting. Details!!!

ZeeRTI
Pump Jockey

Post by ZeeRTI » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:02 pm

Okay the details are as follows,

We are using Red Jacket Standard Turbines, we installed PLLD on main Tank 15K Unleaded 87, our Auxiliary tank is 5K. Lines are manifolded at dispenser. Initially both tanks had Mechanical leak detectors, so we removed the one on the 5K tank and plugged it, and we installed the PLLD on the main tank. We did not replace anything else, check valves etc....I was under the impression that if I programmed the PLLD Dispense Mode as Manifold-Alternate it would always pull from the 15K as it would always have the higher volume, So I programmed the Dispense Mode as All Pumps, but then I noticed that the product was bleeding into the 5k tank and it was almost full, so I shut the ball valve off and have had the customer only use the 15k for the time being. any ideas what the best way would be to be able to use both tanks?

ZeeRTI
Pump Jockey

Post by ZeeRTI » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:03 pm

Console is Veeder-Root TLS-350 - Version 335

Techie
Head Tech

Post by Techie » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:39 am

you need a high pressure check valve in the non-plld submersible. remove functional element and insert a higher pressure check, that should eliminate bleed over or pressure loss in the line. in the 350 console with the correct software you should have a choice for manifolded alternate, choose hgt and set your threshold. If you have any issues and you are a tech, call Veeder Root for further assistance.

rmurray
Head Tech

Post by rmurray » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:28 am

Personally, I program a line manifold as Sequential whenever I can, seems like less risk of completely running out.

Also, if you have older style Red Jackets, you'll need a non-vented swiftcheck instead of a plug for precision tests.

Techie
Head Tech

Post by Techie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:07 pm

rmurray wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:28 am
Personally, I program a line manifold as Sequential whenever I can, seems like less risk of completely running out.

Also, if you have older style Red Jackets, you'll need a non-vented swiftcheck instead of a plug for precision tests.
Good point on the age of the submersible!!

Alternating by hieght keeps both tanks within the threshold you program, size of tank does not matter.

AmPetTech
Head Tech

Post by AmPetTech » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Check the Veeder Root Electronic Line Detectors Application guide 577013-465 for specifics regarding required check valves for each Red Jacket pump type. Page 6 lists types, requirements and kit part numbers.
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Barry Goldwater

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life"

Robert A. Heinlein