IOTV and Shell outdoor EMV

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
scotcal
Head Tech

IOTV and Shell outdoor EMV

Post by scotcal » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:57 pm

I upgraded one of my Shell customer sites to EMV last year.
Pretty smooth sailing until recently. Wayne's IOTV Gateway stopped
communicating. Not sure exactly when.
I contacted NOC and they quickly found out the fusion Gateway was running XP.
Today, I re-imaged to Win 8.1 with the Gateway 4.1.4, I believe.

After loading the Rev B Shell IP addresses. (pulled form the old image), the Gateway started calling into NOC.
NOC is unable to log into the Gateway. Wayne decided that Cybera was blocking access.
I called Cybera, found out I had to talk to a higher level entity regarding opening ports.
My callback camp pretty rapidly. the tech from Cybera was very familiar with shell, explaning Shell's VPN tunnel, etc.
He stated though, there will be no ports opened to allow NOC to remotely access their media server through Shell's tunnel.
I have to assume the FTP media file loads will also be blocked?

He went on to offer that if Wayne enabled another Lan connection, they could log in that way.

Typically, Im not sure who to believe.....
Does anyone have any Shell EMV sites with Wayne IOTV.

scotcal
Head Tech

Re: IOTV and Shell outdoor EMV

Post by scotcal » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:26 pm

Update
Another Cybera employee blowing smoke.
Wayne network operations called to tell me, they had full access to the gateway once again and the fueling points were showing advertising.

I do need to find out if the Rev C Shell EMV document means existing sites will need to be changed to the new IP scheme.....

cantdrive55
Head Tech

Post by cantdrive55 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:28 am

Thanks for this.. Getting ready to deploy Shell / Wayne / IOTV in our area...

RossD
Head Tech

Post by RossD » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:32 pm

I have done 6 Shell sites with IOTV, 2 are on the old IP schema and one is on the new IP schema, I was told by the Wayne NOC that the first two sites will most likely need to be changed to the new IP schema. I made a comment that when someone figures out who is paying for that we will go and change it over.

Cybera has knocked one of my sites CATs off line 2 times (Site had no pay at pump for over 6 hours both times) by changing the IP schema over night, had to call both times and have them change it back. It appears they are just running a script that switches the IP schema to the new address range. I also Had a site that Cybera told me to plug the Wayne dispensers into Port 7 (Which is for Gilbarco dispensers per there document) and after a power outage all the CATs went offline. When I arrived I was able to ping all of them from my laptop connected to the Wayne Connect. So then I moved the cable to port 6 (Per Cyber document to be used for Wayne CATs) and they all came back up. So it appears someone ran a script but did not reboot the Cyber to make the new config take affect.

And the learning curve begins. Fun WOW.
:roll:

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Post by dmcginnis89 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:30 pm

we're doing our first one tomorrow. Am i missing any guides or playbooks? I see the image files on the portal, so I'm assuming we re-image the Wincor, upgrade software on the POS, call cybera for the correct IP scheme for the pumps, upgrade software on the pumps, call NOC, have them make any changes...then make everything talk pretty? ip scheme from the playbook from wayne says 172.29.46.x for pumps.

javamelt
Head Tech

Post by javamelt » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm

dmcginnis89 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:30 pm
we're doing our first one tomorrow. Am i missing any guides or playbooks? I see the image files on the portal, so I'm assuming we re-image the Wincor, upgrade software on the POS, call cybera for the correct IP scheme for the pumps, upgrade software on the pumps, call NOC, have them make any changes...then make everything talk pretty? ip scheme from the playbook from wayne says 172.29.46.x for pumps.
Good luck tomorrow. Have not done any shells yet but they are coming. Interested to hear about the shell image part because I didn’t see any documentation on that. Also Wayne has stuff up on portal of Cybera, Hughes and control scan with Wayne.
So you work 40 hour weeks, I remember my first part time job! :lol:

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Post by dmcginnis89 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:55 pm

javamelt wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:52 pm
dmcginnis89 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:30 pm
Good luck tomorrow. Have not done any shells yet but they are coming. Interested to hear about the shell image part because I didn’t see any documentation on that. Also Wayne has stuff up on portal of Cybera, Hughes and control scan with Wayne.
yea...I'm not seeing much documentation at all. Figured they would've at least upgraded the playbook. lol

scotcal
Head Tech

Post by scotcal » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 am

Let us know if re imaging the Wincor will now be part of the TSOW.

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Post by dmcginnis89 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 am

Went way easier than expected...didn't have to re-image wincor or even call them. Took about two hours. I didn't have to pull any cables though. Haven't messed with the media yet...left a callback on the noc line.

javamelt
Head Tech

Post by javamelt » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:32 pm

dmcginnis89 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:03 am
Went way easier than expected...didn't have to re-image wincor or even call them. Took about two hours. I didn't have to pull any cables though. Haven't messed with the media yet...left a callback on the noc line.
Fantastic news. Thanks. Noc could be hours!!
So you work 40 hour weeks, I remember my first part time job! :lol: