Wayne EMV Upgrade - Confusing Quotes

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
PLExeDYn
Pump Jockey

Re: Wayne EMV Upgrade - Confusing Quotes

Post by PLExeDYn » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:32 am

Yes, that is very helpful. Thank you

PLExeDYn
Pump Jockey

Post by PLExeDYn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Thanks to the advice from this board, I've requested a new quote to include replacing all the Red boards with Jade boards. The new quote includes hybrid card readers for the Ovation & Vistas. These are dual sided dispensers. Would the Vista and Ovations, both with Jade boards, not use the same hybrid card readers?

RossD
Head Tech

Post by RossD » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:58 pm

They do use the same readers, the kit may be different as the Ovations may come with a new bezel and Vista also may need new bezel.
:roll:

PLExeDYn
Pump Jockey

Post by PLExeDYn » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:14 pm

Does it make sense that the Vista dual-sided kit (readers, bezels, etc) would be multiple $1000s of more than the dual-sided kit for the Ovation?

The Jade board and installation are seperate line items, so this is just the card reader kit line item. They reason I'm asking is to make sure they are quoting me the right part (I'm not asking anyone here for pricing information per se.) The quoted kit is so much more expensive, that it begs the question of whether we should put the money towards replacing the Vistas with new dispensers.

RossD
Head Tech

Post by RossD » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:21 pm

The bezel kit to transform a Vista may require several parts, if it needs the entire bezel then it will also need the metal back plate that it mounts to, may also need new printer brackets. We don't know what you have so we can not answer this.
:roll:

1onemarty
Head Tech
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison.

Post by 1onemarty » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:19 am

This thread is being beat to death.
Marty's Petro Services :evil:

PLExeDYn
Pump Jockey

Post by PLExeDYn » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:33 am

Thanks. I was being somewhat vague because I am trying not to cross the line by appearing to ask for pricing. As such, I wasn't really looking for a definitive answer just a "shoot from the hip" response: "Yes, Wayne is charging many thousands for some Vista card reader kits" or "No, that doesn't sound right. Maybe you should ask the salesman to take closer look." By many thousands, I mean thousands more than $2k for a dual sided hybrid readers (not including the board.)

While the revised quote that I recently received makes more sense than the original quotes, this new particular part or kit was not in the original quotes. We had the same dispensers at the time of the original quote, nothing has changed on our side. This is a substantially more expensive kit than we were originally quoted.

I provided quite a bit of info in the opening post. Here's some additional pictures, if that helps:
https://imgur.com/a/mNEPFHi

EDIT: I realize this might be a sticky subject and difficult to answer. I appreciate the help you all provided and I understand if your reluctant to provide any further responses.