Wane Ovation with Commander

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
lostincanadianboy
Pump Jockey

Wane Ovation with Commander

Post by lostincanadianboy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Site has 20 fueling positions so in Fc box we have 2 boards for fuel and 2 for dcr's. Site is still not EMV compliance outside on the pumps. Pump # 5 and 6 went offline suddenly. My troubleshooting steps:
1. Reboot Commander and Topaz nothing
2. When you on and off the dispenser its loading the CAT
3. ID's checked many times with remote
4. Replaced the IGEM board no luck- tried this at the end
5. Check the wiring from the dispenser to the building and from the building to the FC box, it's all good
6. Move the pigtail inside the FC box from that fuel port to the different-no luck and no matter wherever you moved that light stays solid red which is no good
7. Changed fueling id's with # 1nd 2 than pump # 1/2 goes offline and # 5 and 6 goes online so which clearly means wiring on #5 and 6 is good.
8.Called Verifone and they said something is wrong in the pump which I doubted because most of the times they misguide you.

Please suggest if I am missing anything or what else should I do to fix this dispenser

1onemarty
Head Tech
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison.

Re: Wane Ovation with Commander

Post by 1onemarty » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:53 pm

lostincanadianboy wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:15 pm
Site has 20 fueling positions so in Fc box we have 2 boards for fuel and 2 for dcr's. Site is still not EMV compliance outside on the pumps. Pump # 5 and 6 went offline suddenly. My troubleshooting steps:
5. Check the wiring from the dispenser to the building and from the building to the FC box, it's all good
6. Move the pigtail inside the FC box from that fuel port to the different-no luck and no matter wherever you moved that light stays solid red which is no good
7. Changed fueling id's with # 1nd 2 than pump # 1/2 goes offline and # 5 and 6 goes online so which clearly means wiring on #5 and 6 is good.
8.Called Verifone and they said something is wrong in the pump which I doubted because most of the times they misguide you.

Please suggest if I am missing anything or what else should I do to fix this dispenser
Changing fueling point ID's is a good trouble shooting step and I can tell your for a fact if the problem follows the pump ID no matter what dispenser you assign that number to, Your problem without a doubt is on the inside, ( Commander Problem ). Not in the hardware, such as wiring etc. Explain to Verifone next time you are on the phone with them that the problem follows the pump ID and they can't squirm out of that one.
Marty's Petro Services :evil:

lostincanadianboy
Pump Jockey

Post by lostincanadianboy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Thanks Petro

lostincanadianboy
Pump Jockey

Post by lostincanadianboy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:27 pm

1onemarty wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:53 pm
lostincanadianboy wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Changing fueling point ID's is a good trouble shooting step and I can tell your for a fact if the problem follows the pump ID no matter what dispenser you assign that number to, Your problem without a doubt is on the inside, ( Commander Problem ). Not in the hardware, such as wiring etc. Explain to Verifone next time you are on the phone with them that the problem follows the pump ID and they can't squirm out of that one.
Thanks again and I will call Verifone tom morning

Cyclepower
Head Tech

Post by Cyclepower » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:35 am

Auto-upgrade using the same software they're on and all you have to do when it's done is register the software again. It will probably fix your issue and it's much faster than performing a complete reload.

petrodood1
Head Tech

Post by petrodood1 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:49 am

Check your power and power supply on 5&6, should be 120 v ac coming in and 24 v dc coming out of the power supply. Your problem stays with that dispenser. Could be a wiring problem between the dispenser and building, Check the fuel comm. wires.. Also what are the com leds on the igem showing..
When you changed the address, the problem still stayed with that dispenser, correct?
Are you here to raise the prices?

I thought it would work even though the sign said "OUT OF ORDER"

It's come to me over the years that orange cones are idiot attractants.. :P