Commander - Journal Browser Login Stopped Working

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
jason4974

Commander - Journal Browser Login Stopped Working

Post by jason4974 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:35 am

Recently, we've had several sites lose their ability to log into the Verifone Journal Browser. Typically, I've set them up to use Internet Explorer due to Journal Browser having issues with every other browser, but now, when you try to log in with Internet Explorer, pressing enter or the login button gives no response at all. This older thread gave me some hope, but the fix didn't work.

When I look through the dev tools, it seems like the Utilities.js file isn't loading, which contains the login() function. Is anyone else having a similar experience? Does anyone know a fix for this?

1onemarty
Head Tech
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison.

Re: Commander - Journal Browser Login Stopped Working

Post by 1onemarty » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 am

jason4974 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:35 am
Recently, we've had several sites lose their ability to log into the Verifone Journal Browser. Typically, I've set them up to use Internet Explorer due to Journal Browser having issues with every other browser, but now, when you try to log in with Internet Explorer, pressing enter or the login button gives no response at all. This older thread gave me some hope, but the fix didn't work.

When I look through the dev tools, it seems like the Utilities.js file isn't loading, which contains the login() function. Is anyone else having a similar experience? Does anyone know a fix for this?
It's silly, but has all the equipment been rebooted?
Marty's Petro Services :evil:

jason4974

Post by jason4974 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:39 pm

It has, unfortunately. More and more of our stores are popping up with this issue too, which made me wonder if a Windows update might have broken something in Internet Explorer--I think we're up to 8 stores now out of about 70 that can't access Journal Browser. It started about two weeks ago. Honestly, I was kind of hoping that this was an issue that's happening outside of our company just so that I would get hits when googling, but I guess it's not, or at least not at all widespread.

Cyclepower
Head Tech

Post by Cyclepower » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:21 am

Try using Firefox or Chrome. Not sure if it's related but I've noticed base 51 software doesn't like certain browsers now.

phupp
Head Tech

Post by phupp » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:49 am

I have had this happen and reinstalling SMS fixed it, something to do with the certificate install when you install SMS. If I recall I uninstalled SMS and reinstalled it, not doing the "repair" install. Hope it works for you too

gasland
Head Tech

Post by gasland » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Try using an old computer with Windows XP on it or install XP in a dual boot system and try it.