What spare parts to keep on hand?

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Semfuel

What spare parts to keep on hand?

Post by Semfuel » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:26 am

The organization I work for became owners of a gas station about 2 years ago, though running gas stations is not a primary line of business for the organization. We recently had a micronode go bad and had to wait a day for a new one to arrive via fedex. Do you have any suggestion for what spare parts make sense to keep on hand i.e. a micronode that would help us avoid future repair delays due to waiting on parts to ship? I.E., what tends to fail often enough at a gas station (i.e. every couple years or more frequently) that it would benefit you to have keep spares on hand? Thank you.

tankgenie
Head Tech

Re: What spare parts to keep on hand?

Post by tankgenie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:41 pm

In what state are your stations located? Locality may affect an answer to this.
"Resident Googler"

Semfuel

Post by Semfuel » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:17 pm

South Florida

dctech
Head Tech

Post by dctech » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:01 pm

It’s a good idea to have spare nozzles, breakaways, and hoses. You need to check with your service contractor to see what type is needed. It is also highly recommended to have absorbent material to clean up spills. Micronode would not be high on the list since they are being replaced with MNSP’s. You might want to have a supply of out-of-order bags for the nozzles (even though the customers ignore them).