Wayne Ovation Grade Select Board.

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
1onemarty
Head Tech
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison.

Wayne Ovation Grade Select Board.

Post by 1onemarty » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:45 am

Twice now I have bought Wayne Ovation PPU Display/Grade select boards from Performance Ink. On both of these latest boards, the board lasts about a week, then all three PPU displays are blank on the board, and both sides of the dispensers main displays flash closed until this PPU board is disconnected. Has anybody else used these boards or had any similar problems?
Marty's Petro Services :evil:

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Re: Wayne Ovation Grade Select Board.

Post by dmcginnis89 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:46 pm

are they the old ovations or ovation2s?

i’ve had to upgrade firmware on the ovation2 PPUs to get the flashing closed to disappear

1onemarty
Head Tech

Post by 1onemarty » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:47 pm

These are just standard Ovations. Odd that these boards last about a week, and these are two different sites that I've tried these boards at?

GLCambridgeMA

Post by GLCambridgeMA » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:56 am

hi, late to the party here, but I wanted to ask if you had found a solution to this issue.

as manufacturers of aftermarket replacement parts, we've encountered in recent months that our PPUs will brick these pumps if/when they've been updated with certain hardware/software from wayne.

thanks in advance,

1onemarty
Head Tech

Post by 1onemarty » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:54 am

These 3-Product grade select boards for the Wayne Ovation I was getting from Performance Ink, and have had some kind of seal coat sprayed on them. I now have had 3 of these boards the same way. I have contacted Performance Ink who told me I have been the only one buying these. I told Performance Ink they should contact their part vendor for these boards, and let them know that this seal coat being applied to these boards is wrecking them. Performance Ink is supposed to get back to me, but haven't heard anything yet.

1onemarty
Head Tech

Post by 1onemarty » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:21 am

Update info on these defective grade select boards from Performance Ink. Performance Ink told me the only option here is to get the boards from Wayne which would cost a lot more. I let them know I would like a refund. I've gotten a lot of parts from Performance Ink, mainly the PTS Panels and Decals. Usually the parts I get from them are OK and reasonably priced. Don't order any of the Wayne Ovation Grade select boards though. Heads up.