Best Product For Cleaning Dispensers

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Lagul

Re: Best Product For Cleaning Dispensers

Post by Lagul » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:03 am

For diesel pumps a bucket of water with a little Dawn dish soap, degreaser, and scrubbing bubbles, lay nozzle on ground, please put a rag in the bucket of soapy water and wring it out of nozzle. Spray with degreaser, followed by scrubbing bubbles. Let it sit for a few minutes or so. Clean rest of pump with soapy water and rag while the nozzle sits. When done with the rest take rag and wipe nozzle off. Wipes right off.

For getting dust out of all the little corners I've found that the brushes body shops use for detailing work awesome. They look like paint brushes used for water color painting with silver handles.

No fume oven cleaner also works good on diesel. I recommend wearing gloves when using either way.

Buyit1986
Head Tech

Post by Buyit1986 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:26 pm

For general cleaning I use a dish detergent with warm water in a bucket for tougher soils I use garage gorilla to loosen the goo then wipe the pump off with a microfiber cloth seems to work very well on our ovations' also used this method on gilbarco encores

harrystenevs

Post by harrystenevs » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 am

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I see that this discussion is alive and still attracts attention. I do not agree with some opinions enough and I think that the pressure washer is a good choice when you need to clean dispensers as well as you can use it for other cleaning needs.

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Post by CherokeeUST » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 am

I would never recommend a pressure washer on a dispenser. You'll ruin the electronics (card reader, pin pad, video screen, etc.) and create contaminated runoff that will cause your site to get closed down and fined by the EPA.

harrystenevs wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 am
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I see that this discussion is alive and still attracts attention. I do not agree with some opinions enough and I think that the pressure washer is a good choice when you need to clean dispensers as well as you can use it for other cleaning needs.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.

Robert
www.linkedin.com/in/robertlargent

Samir
Head Tech

Post by Samir » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:54 am

CherokeeUST wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 am
I would never recommend a pressure washer on a dispenser. You'll ruin the electronics (card reader, pin pad, video screen, etc.) and create contaminated runoff that will cause your site to get closed down and fined by the EPA.
Seriously! These are NOT waterproof systems, just water resistant at best. You'll be lucky if you don't destroy your pump's electronics completely if you hit it with ANY type of pressurized liquid. I don't even spray cleaners on the cabinet--only on the towel and then wipe.

Anyone found a good way to clean off the oxidation looking stuff on sunbaked ovations?
Not a technician even though it says 'Head Tech'. :?

cantdrive55
Head Tech

Post by cantdrive55 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:20 pm

cant clean oxidation but you can armor all it or wipe wd40 on it to make it look better

Samir
Head Tech

Post by Samir » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:12 pm

cantdrive55 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:20 pm
cant clean oxidation but you can armor all it or wipe wd40 on it to make it look better
That's kinda what I figured out, but none of that would last. Seems like the best stuff for this situation is Fluidfilm. A lot of guys use them on their fiberglass boats and since the ovation shells are fiberglass, it seems to work really well. Time will tell, but it really seems to soak in and actually 'repair' the damage from the sun.
Not a technician even though it says 'Head Tech'. :?

1onemarty
Head Tech
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison.

Post by 1onemarty » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:38 pm

harrystenevs wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 am
You do not use a pressure washer on a gas dispenser, unless you don't want it to work anymore.
Marty's Petro Services :evil: