PEI CONVENTION AT THE NACS SHOW-Welcome to Atlanta

Forum news, tips, updates and highlights from the forum and the PEI website.
CherokeeUST
Head Tech

PEI CONVENTION AT THE NACS SHOW-Welcome to Atlanta

Post by CherokeeUST » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:27 pm

There looks to be a couple of interesting presentations scheduled for the PEI this year.

Tuesday, Oct 1

Managing Corrosion: Expand the Lifespan of Your Fuel Equipment
12:00pm – 1:00pm
No one is immune to tank corrosion, above or below ground. Fast-acting corrosion (think weeks and months, rather than decades) can cause substantial performance issues for your dispensers. In this session, presented by the Fuels Institute, retailers and manufacturers will discuss how they are working together to preempt this problem, how they are rectifying it once it arises, and provide guidance for you to address the integrity of your diesel storage tanks and fuel. You can’t sit back and let corrosion happen, so come to this session to determine what you can do about this evolving industry issue. Preventing corrosion is an ongoing pursuit, yet a procedural necessity to minimize fuel dispensing disruptions and quality issues.

Objectives:

Develop a plan with your manufacturing vendors to combat corrosion
Identify how to work with state and local regulators on the testing process
Select new equipment for your organization to combat corrosion

Successfully Retailing Biofuels
1:15pm – 2:15pm
I’m interested in testing new liquid renewable fuels and want to hear how others have successfully implemented them in new and existing sites.

Biofuels, like ethanol and biodiesel, provide great opportunities to diversify your retail fuel offer, present competitively priced fuel options, and develop an environmentally responsible reputation for your brand. Being successful requires more than just dropping fuel into your tanks - you have to effectively manage the opportunities and challenges these products present. This session will evaluate effective retail strategies, consider equipment compatibility and configurations, and explore the economics associated with successfully retailing biofuel blends.

Objectives:

List the challenges and opportunities that adding new fuels to your offer would create
Choose fueling equipment to complement a new fuel offer
Estimate the impact that adding liquid renewables could have on your business

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2
Factors of Demand Destruction
8:00am – 9:00am
I know that electric vehicles, ridesharing, and fuel efficiency are impacting my business, and want to take steps to future proof my profits, but aren't sure what hype to believe and how to do so.

With regulations requiring vehicles to get more miles per gallon and the dawn of electrified transportation on the horizon, tomorrow’s consumers will be buying fewer gallons of gasoline. But estimates for how this will actually effect fuel retailers range from minimal to extreme. Leveraging Fuels Institute research and incorporating analyses from multiple perspectives, this session will provide realistic insight into the future of transportation and explore how the market might evolve for fuel retailers over the next 20 years.

Objectives:

Describe the multiple factors that could lead to a decrease in fuel demand
Synthesize the perspectives of industry experts to come up with your own predictions for fuel demand in the near future

AGING UST SYSTEMS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Therron K. Blatter, MS, PG, Manager of Underground Storage Tank Branch, Utah Department of Environmental Quality
Tara Rosie, Principal Scientist, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
Greg Travis, Berkley Environmental
Robert Winterborn, Utah Department of Environmental Quality
Moderator: Rick Long, Executive Vice President, PEI
9:15 - 10:15 a.m., GWCC
How to meet the UST Financial Responsibility (FR) requirements is a question everyone is asking. Private insurance? State funds? Other options? Listen in to hear what insurers are doing and what their different business cases are. Also hear what two state regulators have to say about the challenges, and how and why they are responding in their distinctly different approaches. Enjoy time for discussion and Q&A.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3
PEI MEMBERSHIP BREAKFAST & MEETING
8:30 - 9:45 a.m., GWCC
All PEI members are encouraged to attend the annual membership and complimentary breakfast meeting. PEI President Charlie Burns will address the group. PEI Executive Vice President Rick Long will provide his State of the Industry address. PEI officers for 2019 will be elected and new directors will be installed.

Not sure what time or where this session is. Guessing it's between 1000-1130
MEETING FUEL COMPATIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: UL, EPA & PEI PERSPECTIVES
RYAN HAERER, EPA, Release Preventative Division and
ROLAND RIEGEL, PDE, Flammable Liquids Containment Products, UL
with
PAOLA BRAVO, President & CEO, S. Bravo System Inc.
JASON CARR, Principal, Fuel System Engineering, Stantec
DAVE PIERCEY, JD2 Environmental Inc.
Loren Swalheim, Director, Global Technical Services, Franklin Fueling Systems
Fuel formulations are always changing. Compatibility issues continue to arise. What’s next for you and your customers? This session will provide practical ideas and a live demonstration of a simple, new UL tool that identifies the correct standards for the most common fueling system components, and the correct fuel ratings for compatibility compliance for different fuel types and blends.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.

Robert
www.linkedin.com/in/robertlargent

ZMiller
Head Tech

Re: PEI CONVENTION AT THE NACS SHOW-Welcome to Atlanta

Post by ZMiller » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:42 pm

Managing Corrosion: Expand the Lifespan of Your Fuel Equipment
12:00pm – 1:00pm

A one hour presentation. That should cover just about everything one needs to know I'll say.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Re: PEI CONVENTION AT THE NACS SHOW-Welcome to Atlanta

Post by CherokeeUST » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:54 am

Got my Airplane reservations. Got my car rented. Got my hotel booked. I am ready to get out to PEI and see what is going on in the Petroleum Equipment world.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.

Robert
www.linkedin.com/in/robertlargent