American Containment

UST, service station, bulk plant, car wash, commercial refueling installation, design and construction.
ZeeRTI
Pump Jockey

American Containment

Post by ZeeRTI » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:25 am

Anyone heard of this company?! we are doing a diesel conversion and the local agency wants a fuel compatibility for EVERY component. I checked the initial installation permit and it shows that the UDC's and Sumps are from a company called American Containment but I have not been able to find anything online.

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Re: American Containment

Post by CherokeeUST » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:21 am

I have not heard of them. Isn't the compatability is only supposed to be proven if a site converts to a biofuel greater than 10 percent ethanol or greater than 20 percent biodiesel.
https://www.epa.gov/ust/ust-system-comp ... y-biofuels

The PEI compatability list is pretty good.
https://www.pei.org/ust-component-compatibility-library

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 9208589312
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.

Robert
www.linkedin.com/in/robertlargent

stuppid
Head Tech

Post by stuppid » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:27 am

American Containment was essentially the left over fiberglass division of Total Containment. I believe they are long out of business.

fattermonk
Pump Jockey

Post by fattermonk » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:38 am

Found this:

Total Containment, Inc. (the "Company") was incorporated in the State of Pennsylvania. The Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of underground systems and products for the conveyance and containment of petroleum and alcohol based motor vehicle fuels from underground storage tanks to aboveground fuel dispensers. The Company's systems and products are used in connection with the installation of new and the retrofitting of existing underground fuel containment and distribution systems ("Fuel Containment Systems") worldwide. The principal end users of the Company's products are major oil companies and convenience stores. End users also include government bodies, utilities and other fleet vehicle operators.

During the third quarter of 1996, the Company acquired American Containment, Inc. ("ACI"). ACI is principally engaged in the manufacture and installation of fiberglass tank and dispenser sumps used in underground piping systems. The Company acquired ACI to have a supply of quality fiberglass components in addition to an increased presence in the Western United States. The Company has transferred this business from ACI to the Company. During 1997, the Company caused ACI to focus on the custom part service business, as well as on becoming the field technical arm of the Company. The Company believes that this action will complement the Company's parts business, enhance its field level expertise and provide an additional resource to its customers.
This opinion is mine and not shared by my employer

ZeeRTI
Pump Jockey

Post by ZeeRTI » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Thanks for the info gentleman. We will see what the pencil neck at the county desk will say about all this lol