Virginia Beach Tragedy-Contractor...

UST, service station, bulk plant, car wash, commercial refueling installation, design and construction.
tankgenie
Head Tech

Virginia Beach Tragedy-Contractor...

Post by tankgenie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:03 pm

This may be a little off topic. Virginia Beach is my hometown and my sister was in the building next to the one where the shooting took place in the municipal complex. She's fine, but heard and saw a bit too much. Such scary times.

But in terms of our business, did anyone else feel particularly sad about the poor contractor that was killed who was in his truck, getting ready to enter the building to pull a permit? How many times have some of you all had to do that in the course of our business?

I thought of our PEI contractors, and wish you all well. Our industry isn't always easy and certainly comes with risks. Recent explosions in our business are evidence of that...but having to contend with a gunman while getting a permit, that's just too much.

Peace & love to all,
Jeanne
"Resident Googler"

ZMiller
Head Tech

Re: Virginia Beach Tragedy-Contractor...

Post by ZMiller » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:14 am

Thanks for posting.
The world has become a strange place.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

cantdrive55
Head Tech

Post by cantdrive55 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:39 am

Va Beach is my backyard and it's one of those situations where you can't believe it happened "here"...

hardworking
Head Tech

Post by hardworking » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:11 am

Man, I had the exact same thought tankgenie. I too am from VB (graduated from Kellam in 1970) and was saddened to see this. That was a great place in the 60's (and 70's).