New 30k Fiberglas Dbl Wall UST Sitting Over Winter ?

UST, service station, bulk plant, car wash, commercial refueling installation, design and construction.
fatboy
Head Tech

New 30k Fiberglas Dbl Wall UST Sitting Over Winter ?

Post by fatboy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:01 am

Gentlemen, ...and I'm using the Term Loosely, ;-)
Have a site , Just installed (1) Xerxes DblWall 30k UST , w/Deadmen, 12ft. Diam./Ballasted (w/Water.Approx. 9'.2"), Approx. 3'.0" pea gravel cover, 8" #304 (tamped w/sled), 8"-10" reinforced concrete (w/Bridgebar , Hvy Traffic pad) @ Hospital Location. My Question is site won't be removing water and adding #2 Diesel Fuel/System (Never Purged), Until Spring of 2016. Any foreseeable problems :?: , ie: Freezing/Damage to UST over Winter :?: Any Special Preparation overlooked/needed :?: Experienced Installers only need reply. :arrow: :!: 8-)
.......... Jumpin' Jack Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas! ------The Rolling Stones

ZMiller
Head Tech

Re: New 30k Fiberglas Dbl Wall UST Sitting Over Winter ?

Post by ZMiller » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:57 pm

You might want to ask Xerxes. It's hard to think an underground double wall tank would get cold enough to freeze solid. But then I said that about my toilet up at the lake last year. I guess you could add 50 or 100 pounds of salt. Or call the local water company as they probably know and have some interest in what subgrade ground temperatures average in the areas serviced.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

Kennyl
Head Tech

Post by Kennyl » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:59 am

We have a site in Michigan that is going to do the same thing that you are discussing. I would at least get the Veeder Root installed. This will allow you to monitor the temperature and levels for changes/problems.
Trying to get my forum status back to its former glory!

fatboy
Head Tech

Post by fatboy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:34 am

Checked with Xerxes (OEM), with current Deep burial depth, and sufficient cover, apparently we should be ok. Not Xerxes "First Rodeo" !!

Thanks Guys for the Responses, apparently alotta "Wind" anymore on this Forum when it comes to " S*** or get off the pot, issues !
:twisted:
.......... Jumpin' Jack Flash, It's a Gas! Gas! Gas! ------The Rolling Stones