UST Siphon Manifold Tanks

UST, service station, bulk plant, car wash, commercial refueling installation, design and construction.
ZeeRTI
Head Tech

UST Siphon Manifold Tanks

Post by ZeeRTI » Tue May 25, 2021 1:59 am

Hello All,

I have a project coming up that we have to siphon manifold 2 tanks. However they are different diameter tanks.one is 20k 120" diameter other is 10k 96" diameter. Can anyone guide me to some docs regarding siphon manifold installation. I could not find much detail in the PEI UST Installation.

tankgenie
Head Tech

Re: UST Siphon Manifold Tanks

Post by tankgenie » Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 am

This is an interesting article on the subject of manifolding. Marcel does a great job explaining how siphon manifolds work and how ATG's can monitor them.
https://marcelmoreau.com/wp/wp-content/ ... rticle.pdf

I'm not sure if this helps answer your question, but I think if the tanks are two different diameters, you can still install a siphon bar, and the level heights will remain the same, although it would be different gallonage due to the difference in tank size.
"Resident Googler"

ZeeRTI
Head Tech

Re: UST Siphon Manifold Tanks

Post by ZeeRTI » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:18 am

Thank you! Great article and it was a lot of help. If you read PEI they say that you should never siphon tanks of different diameters but if you read API they say you can do it. My take away was if the tanks are same diameter you would set the tanks level at the bottom. If you want to siphon tanks that are not the same diameter then you would level the tanks at the top.