Who remembers?

Current and archived opinion polls from the Petroleum Equipment Institute.
ZMiller
Head Tech

Who remembers?

Post by ZMiller » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Who remembers what a Pomeco #7 or an Emco Wheaton A8 was? Hints....They fit on an EW A3003 nozzle. What was the difference between a A3003 and a A3005 nozzle?

I found a Pomeco #7 on ebay today new in the box 10 Bucks. I had to wait 35 years to get deal like that.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

xardoz
Head Tech

Re: Who remembers?

Post by xardoz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Wow, you pre-date the dinosaurs :)
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:02 am

Dinosaurs, Healy mini jet 100's and Healy 200 series nozzles. Anyone know what Jimbo invented, inverted and inadvertently forgot to patent? The Healy 200 series nozzle was the best nozzle ever made by the way.

Anyone remember Wayland Corporation the Mother of phase II vapor recovery. Anyone ever build or work on a Jack Fergesons - Orbit America or a Ted Simas - Simas Brothers { Collage Girls Only at the End Pumps } gas station?

How about those talking "The Value of Your Card Has Been Transfered to the Pump" 1250 dispensers at Food & Liquor Cheaper stores?
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:28 am

How about gallon bell dispensers. Every gallon you would hear a ding. A ding because some cars didn't have gas gauges and the customer would ask before self serve for ten gallons Regular or Ethel. The attendant while checking and trying to sell you a new radiator cap, a quart of oil, an Atlas tire or windshield wiper blades was counting the gallons by the dings so as not to run over the ordered gallons. Most nozzles didn't shut off automaticaly when your tank was full.

The attendents in bad neighborhoods were the ones on the nightly news always getting robbed or shot and almost always carried a big cresent wrench in their back pocket, coin change dispenser and the dispenser pump reset handle on a chain clipped to their belt. If you skipped out without paying for the gas an attendent or a cresent wrench came through your rear window just before you got to the street.

If you needed a quart of oil it came in a cardboard can or a glass jar. 30 weight of 40. Detergent or non detergent and that was all. If your rear main or pan gasket was a leaker you paid 10 cents a quart for re-refined oil in a glass jar.

If your mother was driving she got a quart of oil from a fake oil can even if she didn't need it.

If there were kids in the car the attendent ironically had a sucker for them.

Yes them was the good old days.

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:22 am

Is your engine sick and tired...?
Want you car to run like new...?
Automotive Engineering...Pleases Thousands......why not you...?

Once every other year you could just pull in and replaced your flat head 6 engine with a rebuilt off the shelf for $119.99. A clutch while they were at it was $39.99.

smellslikegas
Head Tech

Post by smellslikegas » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:00 pm

My dad owned a few stations growing up. all full service. I was pumping gas at 12. Regular or ethyl?
Washing the windows was done without being asked. Checking air pressure and oil was done upon request. Change machine on my hip and a roll of bills in my shirt pocket. We had 2 soda machines and our cash register was an old tackle box.
Now I feel old :lol:
I can't fix stupid, But I can sure charge for it.

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:27 am

Your not old your wise. Your probably a collector of driveway bells.

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:43 am

Anyone remember Chevron Custom in the white dispenser. What was the piston and valve melting octane?

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:36 am

How about Sunoco "Dial A Grade" and "Blend O Meter" blending pumps that could dispense five different grades of gasoline, later increasing to eight. A few Blend O Meters in marinas around to this day. What year? Then we had Mobil "rounds" with bicycle chain driven resets.

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Hardly anyone remembers. Where have all the old timers gone?