Who remembers?

Current and archived opinion polls from the Petroleum Equipment Institute.
Trickle
Head Tech

Re: Who remembers?

Post by Trickle » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:42 am

Anyone remember Gilbarco advantages?

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Now that's funny.

I'm old but not THAT old.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

Kperlow
Head Tech

Post by Kperlow » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:52 pm

ZMiller wrote:Hardly anyone remembers. Where have all the old timers gone?
We are still here but choose to lie low! If anyone finds out what we actually can do and know we are in trouble. :lol:
Kevin Perlowski

dctech
Head Tech

Post by dctech » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Ok ZMiller I have a couple for you

Remember the final filter on Amoco Premium (white gas), Tokheim m/n 151 pumps where the display was on a swivel so that the customer could adjust it to see it from where they were standing, changing a product relay in a Gilbarco A-3 smokestack, having to repair a Keytrol system where someone had yanked the key out before turning it back, AO Smith dispensers. And yes, I worked on Mobil rounds, both version (Gilbarco and Wayne). The techs today will never now what it's like to carry several different size belts for suction pumps. :D :lol:

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Chevron Hallmark dispensers. You had to open them up to see if they had Wayne, Gilbarco, Bennett, or AO Smith meters in them.

I'm afraid the good old days are gone. Anyone remember 390QV's? Or the first 360 MPD which was just 2 or 3 360's bolted together??

Any one remember why you cut "R2" off when you replaced a backup battery on a 390 CPU?
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Chevron Hallmark dispensers. You had to open them up to see if they had Wayne, Gilbarco, Bennett, or AO Smith meters in them.
Remember them well, as putting in the Wayne DCR modules below the heads
Any one remember why you cut "R2" off when you replaced a backup battery on a 390 CPU?
390 cpu, pray tell more... :roll:
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:06 am

What actually supprises me today is that TMS's are still being installed. Go's to show you that longevity is often defined as being basic and simple.

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:46 pm

If you didn't cut "r2" the new battery you installed would over charge and possibly blow up.

miah411
Head Tech

Post by miah411 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Or "Happy New Year from Bennett Pump Company"
The only easy day was yesterday.

petrodood1
Head Tech

Post by petrodood1 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:08 am

How about V-R Mbss or 7800 series consoles, or Unidynamics electronic heads for converting VR-101 or higher mechanical clocks..
Are you here to raise the prices?

I thought it would work even though the sign said "OUT OF ORDER"

It's come to me over the years that orange cones are idiot attractants.. :P