Hourly Wage

Current and archived opinion polls from the Petroleum Equipment Institute.
1onemarty
Head Tech
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison.

Re: Hourly Wage

Post by 1onemarty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Atltech you hit it right their on the head in your post. That one tech that can go out and fix anything that nobody else could. He is worth a lot of money next to the other tools in your toolbox, I mean next to the other techs in your tool box, you can't see that???
ATLTech wrote:Listen, there is NO way to accurately do what your saying. Trust me, I have seen the numbers. There are many companies that have several top techs that still don't work on the same thing. And still you usually have one tech that fixes what all the others can't.
Marty's Petro Services :evil:

1onemarty
Head Tech
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison.

Re: Hourly Wage

Post by 1onemarty » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:01 pm

You should be well rounded and have to work on everything. I personally enjoy working on the POS equipment just as much as working on the ATG's or down in the sumps. I have worked at a company down in Houston for a while and won't mention any names but there Prima Donna POS techs wouldn't even carry filters or any STP parts on their trucks.
ATLTech wrote:I really like the quote about there is only one pos onsite but there are multiple dispensers. This is true. Around here there is no such thing as a "POS Tech". I may be one for 2-3days of the week but the other days I run the same calls everyone else does. I honestly don't think there is room for a pos only type of guy in this field. You need to be well rounded on all equipment to really make it in this business.
Marty's Petro Services :evil: