Partial approval.

How's business? What have you done to make it better? All business-related comments go here.
SamMozika
Head Tech

Partial approval.

Post by SamMozika » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:09 pm

Does anyone know if there is a flag that gets set to turn off partial approval for creditcard transactions. Customers are coming in and swiping their cards and dont have enough money in there accounts to pay so the buypass networks approves the transaction for whatever is left in there cards and asks for the difference in another form of mop. When the customer doesnt have the money and the transaction is voided the hold on the card stays and customers have the nerve to get mad

Goofy4TheWorld
Head Tech

Re: Partial approval.

Post by Goofy4TheWorld » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:54 pm

I am running Commander BuyPass/Generic and have desperately tried to get partial authorization turned off, but it just can't be done.

After I gave up trying to turn it off I hounded VeriFone until they finally put a sniffer on my system and captured the logs right after the partial approval reversal failed. It took them more than one attempt at fixing it (this issue appears as being "fixed" more that once in the release notes), but as of now my Commander's latest software does indeed have this problem fixed. I have tested it multiple times with a prepaid debit card I bought just for the purpose of testing this issue.

The fix didn't finally work until just in the last 2 months, so you will need really up to date software.

SamMozika
Head Tech

Re: Partial approval.

Post by SamMozika » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:03 am

Thanks