SmartDesq vs Fiscal POS Systems

How's business? What have you done to make it better? All business-related comments go here.
daydream
Pump Jockey

SmartDesq vs Fiscal POS Systems

Post by daydream » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:14 am

Hello,

I am looking for some POS system advice. This past fall, we got our site equipment upgraded to the following:

Dual Terminal RubyCi system with MX915 indoor pinpads
3 Encore 700S pumps
1 Dual sided Encore 500 high flow diesel pump with alphanumeric keypads.
1 Satellite encore 500 diesel pump

While we are branded CITGO for gasoline... our high flow diesel dispensers are unbranded. We also ordered the high flow Encore 500S dispensers with alphanumeric keypads so that we can take fleet fueling cards like Comdata, EFS and FleetOne at the pump.

Unfortunately, my local Verifone Tech. told me that my RubyCi system will not communicate with the alphanumeric keypads... which now forces me to get another POS system just to be able to accept fleet fueling cards from Truckers...

What is the most cost effective way of being able to do this? I talked to my fuel distributor and he said my only choices are pretty much either getting SmartDesq by Comdata or Fiscal's POS system... My backoffice software provider for the store is Petrosoft (CStoreOffice) and they said that they can interface with SmartDesg but not Fiscal's POS system yet...

But above all my main concern is reliability... I don't want to save a few bucks only to end up buying a system that breaks down often...

Any advice on this issue would be very much appreciated.

jjames
Head Tech

Re: SmartDesq vs Fiscal POS Systems

Post by jjames » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:06 pm

I have no experience with Fiscal, but smartdesq stuff is expensive. May want to at least price out both options for consideration on the upfront cost.

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Re: SmartDesq vs Fiscal POS Systems

Post by dmcginnis89 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:29 am

we’ve got a lot of smartdesq site out there and have had pretty much zero issues. they’re helpdesk is great and installations are easy. only service calls we get are pump related. they send out one of their own techs to do most of the install. we just did one yesterday, 4 high flow waynes. on site less than two hours.

but they are pricey. not much experience with Fiscal.