Welcome to the forums! If you'd like to introduce yourself or your business please post it here. Forum moderators will also answer questions about posting messages, adding images, embedding video or general help with the forum.
skeeter78
Pump Jockey

Post by skeeter78 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi everyone! I run a small installation/maintenance and testing company in South Mississippi. I have read a lot of great info on this forum and really glad I found it. I was recently received my STI cathodic certification and was curious how much more difficult the NACE certification was?

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Re: Newbie

Post by CherokeeUST » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:53 am

I got the NACE cathodic tester certification about 15 years ago. It was pretty intense. They said the class had about 50% fail rate. The final test is 50% book and 50% hands on.

With the background info you already got at the STI course you should be ok though. The NACE course I took only focused about 3 hours on tank testing. Most of it was pipeline related.

The PITA is the paying to maintain the certification every year.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.
Robert

Join our UST Compliance Group.
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8358167/

skeeter78
Pump Jockey

Re: Newbie

Post by skeeter78 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Ok thanks! I heard it focused a lot on pipelines. I think STI offers another course on cathodic troubleshooting that I may take first and then decide if I wanna do the NACE course.