New to the industry

Welcome to the forums! If you'd like to introduce yourself or your business please post it here. Forum moderators will also answer questions about posting messages, adding images, embedding video or general help with the forum.
RichD

New to the industry

Post by RichD » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:42 am

Been working in the industry a few weeks now. Came into it from an unrelated field. I've been on a few sites and jobs observing and helping with doing pos work,dispenser maintenance, fci, atmc, just observed and assisted in my first motor job. Looking for a good resource(s) or guidance as I learn the industry.

I have a strong tech background with networking and that piece. I'm not a major gear head but I get by.

Any help advice and guidance is appreciated.

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Re: New to the industry

Post by CherokeeUST » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:38 am

Welcome. You're in the right place for learning about Petroleum Equipment. There is a wealth of knowledge here and they are not shy about helping out. Some of the guys are gruff old codgers, don't let them bug you. They've inhaled a lot of VOC's over the years and may have brain damage. :lol:
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.

Robert
www.linkedin.com/in/robertlargent

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Diesel may have VOC effect issues but the rest of the forum members are OK.

Welcome to the industry. From now on you'll never be unemployed.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

Ant1503
Pump Jockey

Post by Ant1503 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:16 am

PPE and Safety Should always be #1. I'm new to the forum but not in the industry. Currently i perform monitor certifications, some ISD work and service. Started out doing SB 989 testing. I just started working on Wayne dispensers with a coworker, cardlock systems and going to start learning Ruby 2 Ci with necleus and fusion also commander with fusion. I also work on FilRite and GPI Pumps.
" Can i Get a Discount? "