Wayne Ovation ISD to OPW FSC3000

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
scotcal
Head Tech

Wayne Ovation ISD to OPW FSC3000

Post by scotcal » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:52 am

We are doing a dispenser swap, removing Gilbarco Advantage MPDs and Legacy Hiline. Replacing these with Ovation 2s and Selects. For the most part, this should be simple, but....
The site has Incon ISD, which means we need to tap the current loop signal for DIM information.
Right now, the site is using a Gilbarco universal dbox with the 2 wire current loop output connected to the OPW DPC.

QUESTIONS....
Can we continue using the Gilbarco Dbox?
If not, is there an alternative dbox we can top? Old Wayne 2400 dbox?

scotcal
Head Tech

Re: Wayne Ovation ISD to OPW FSC3000

Post by scotcal » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:23 am

Since nobody here gave me the quick and easy....

I tried the Gilbarco Dbox w zero success. As I currently don't have a Wayne dbox, I wired 4 of the 5 current loops directly to the OPW DPC.

I found the Wayne keypad response unbelievably slow, so I called OPW. They thought I was whining about the dispenser current loop and suggested i use a Gilbarco Dbox to speed things up... Huh? I try again. Zero....
Call back, tech support guy says they can't help me.
Me, Your compadres just recommended it!
I get the Hold On thingy.....

An engineer come on and says yes it works but there's a modification that he can't quite remember.... Hold On....

He comes back and says JP12 on the OPW DPC. Switch it from the Wayne position to the Gilbarco position. That will "Turbo the current loop"

Yo and behold, communication. Even with the Incon ISD in the loop. Super happy now.

I loaded the latest firmware in the DTC which resolved the sluggish pinpad issue.
Looking like my assurances to the site owner were accurate......