IOTV and Shell outdoor EMV

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
cantdrive55
Head Tech

Re: IOTV and Shell outdoor EMV

Post by cantdrive55 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:19 pm

If you have IOTV you will either need to replace the Gateway if it's the older Version 1, upgade if version 2, or install a new Edge Gateway.

RossD
Head Tech

Post by RossD » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:02 pm

I have done 18 sites with Wayne dispensers now. We have had to upgrade several V2 XP Gateways to Windows 8.1. You will need to run CAT5 cables from Wayne Connect and the Gateway to the Cybera 325. I was always calling Shell to make sure the outdoor EMV is enabled, but not any more as it has been. I was calling Cybera all the time also but so far all of the 325's have been set up correctly.

I always get my IOTV Gateway on line before the Commander upgrade (If upgrading from XP to Win 8.1 pull cables from the Gateway and Wayne Connect while the software is loading) Call the Wayne NOC as soon as you connect the Gateway to Cybera and have changed to the new 172.29.xxx.xxx schema so they can reconfigure for EMV, they usually want a call back when everything is on line so they can make sure the dispensers are pulling the new media from the cloud.
Last edited by RossD on Sun May 10, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:roll:

cantdrive55
Head Tech

Post by cantdrive55 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:31 am

Pumps are grabbing the cards but then we are getting "network failure" on the screen as soon as it releases them. This site was EMV upgraded last week but this issue only started this morning. Setting for "quick chip" is greyed out in Commander programming. Any ideas?

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Post by dmcginnis89 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:38 am

if it’s a shell site with wayne pumps, only thing to do in the POS it to initialize the DCR driver and reboot commander. Maybe reboot the Wincor. I’d call them first

Sounds like maybe the Network is down or on backup. what are the lights doing on the 325?

cantdrive55
Head Tech

Post by cantdrive55 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:36 am

We had to get Verifone to dial in and add a user that was capable of initializing EMV. After that everything came up. As a side note, quick chip is not enabled at any of the dozen sites we have completed. I see notes of guys saying it had to be but I don't know why..

RossD
Head Tech

Post by RossD » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:22 pm

I have had to reload two sites do to insert a card and no change on the display, it will clamp down then time out and release. We then see network error on Commander. Called Verifone and they said reload. One site did this a month after I upgraded it and the outer was right after the initial upgrade. I have done 14 sites now. It seems Wincor is always set for outdoor EMV and Cybera is always set up correctly. Always use port 6 on the Cybera for Wayne dispensers and port 8 for IOTV Gateway. I had a Cybera tech tell me to use port 7 for Wayne dispensers and after a power outage the Cybera switched the port back to 6. I went to the site and moved the cable to port 6 and the pumps came up.
:roll:

Ababer

Post by Ababer » Tue May 05, 2020 11:19 pm

I did a shell emv activation today, my 4th one. It went somewhat smooth except pump 11 and 12 which are single sided vistas will load up and take a chip card and then ask US debit or Visa Debit and then immediately decline the transaction no matter what you choose. It does this with credit cards with a chip on it, it will read it and then say transaction declined. I already reloaded the verifone xommander because of the network error issue I ran into and it changed nothing. Shell, verifone and cybera were no help. I left prepay only. Any ideas?

scotcal
Head Tech

Post by scotcal » Wed May 06, 2020 8:15 am

What you described sounds similar to an indoor pinpad that hasn't initialized for EMV.

I believe the Wincor handles EMV initialization for all cardreaders at Shell. One of the Shells wouldn't initialize EMV outdoors, so I called the Wincor # in the playbook.
They fiddled around then told me to reboot commander.

Apparently cardreaders populate the POP list in the Wincor to "autoinitalise" , but that probably works like "autoupgrade"

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Post by dmcginnis89 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:19 pm

Ababer wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:19 pm
I did a shell emv activation today, my 4th one. It went somewhat smooth except pump 11 and 12 which are single sided vistas will load up and take a chip card and then ask US debit or Visa Debit and then immediately decline the transaction no matter what you choose. It does this with credit cards with a chip on it, it will read it and then say transaction declined. I already reloaded the verifone xommander because of the network error issue I ran into and it changed nothing. Shell, verifone and cybera were no help. I left prepay only. Any ideas?
i had the same issue at a Marathon site....Ovation2s and Vista for truck diesel. After a couple long days, I ended up changing the screen type to “color” under DCR position attributes. rebooted commander and pump and it took right off. not sure if it was that setting, or the 100th reboot that took care of it. i buttoned up and got out of there before anything else weird could happen :lol: