As the petroleum world turns...

Looking for work? Post your resume here.
OctaneJockey

As the petroleum world turns...

Post by OctaneJockey » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:41 am

Greetings,

Curious what opportunities exist for someone who has a little over 20+ years in this business (technician, inspector, service manager)? I left the industry a couple of years ago for various reasons, but mostly because of the on call requirements and working crazy amounts of hours day, night, weekends, and holidays. I mentioned working as a Service Technician and as a Service Manager. While both of those positions did afford me the opportunity to make good money and learn a lot about the industry, I didn't care for either. Going back to the "crazy amounts of hours" - those two positions OWN you day and night, no escape.

I did compliance inspections (operator, UST/AST different class levels) and Operator Training for a wide variety of customer types for a while and I enjoyed that. Does that job type still exist? Has the industry grown or gained a similar type position?

As I mentioned, I left petroleum a couple of years ago and work in another industry that is very much becoming an environment that resembles the petroleum world that I didn't care for. On call, constant running, little or no down time. I am 43 now and have placed a higher value on quality of life over making bigger cash. My down time, time with my wife, and time home are more important to me than making crazy overtime.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to some informative and educated responses!

Regards,
OctaneJockey

NewGEMC
Head Tech

Re: As the petroleum world turns...

Post by NewGEMC » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:01 am

Call me if you're interested in working in Colorado. I think I may have a spot for you that offers that balance of life you are after. 719-492-1113
Thanks Jeff Pyle

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Post by dmcginnis89 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:20 am

where are you located?

OctaneJockey

Post by OctaneJockey » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 am

I am located in Eastern Iowa, near Cedar Rapids.

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply regarding Colorado. I lived and worked in that territory for several years, but moved on due to the rapidly increasing cost of living.

Arney1961
Head Tech

Post by Arney1961 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Are you interested in Dallas / Fort Worth? Working 45 yo 50 hours and on call rotation every 3 to 4 weeks? If so, send resume to service@mscsltd.com

Samuel
S. L. Arney

DBowlin
Pump Jockey

Post by DBowlin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:24 pm

How about Omaha, Nebraska or Des Moines, Iowa?

Contact me at DBowlin@barkerlemar.com

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Post by CherokeeUST » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Operator Training is pretty much run by the states now with a few smaller companies running around doing some trainings. USTTraining, PASS and the like. You can look up who is authroized in each Iowa. http://www.iowadnr.gov/Environmental-Pr ... T-Training

Compliance inspections might be an area to look into. Some states are using 3rd party contractors to meet their inspection requirements.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.

Robert
www.linkedin.com/in/robertlargent

Milan
Head Tech

Post by Milan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:01 am

Check out the help wanted post for petroleum PM. Send me your resume if NE Ohio is an area of interest.