Jamaica me crazy

Post pictures, video or news story links here pertaining to disasters, explosions or accidents at gas stations.
CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Jamaica me crazy

Post by CherokeeUST » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:50 am

I'm posting a couple of videos in this to show the whole story. There was an explosion and fire at a Gas station in Jamaica last week. The first Youtube video shows what was going on right before the explosion, the second is a compilation video that shows the fire.

https://youtu.be/BzDBdrJK05c

https://youtu.be/L6aPT4Qu6CM?t=130
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.

Robert
www.linkedin.com/in/robertlargent

rmurray
Head Tech

Re: Jamaica me crazy

Post by rmurray » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:31 am

Was the site still dispensing while this was going on? It looks like they were.

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Post by CherokeeUST » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:26 pm

It looks like gas is free-flowing and the store employee was sitting there googling on his phone.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.

Robert

dieselengine9
Head Tech

Post by dieselengine9 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:01 am

I would think even in Jamaica they would have SOME type of training for their employees.

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Post by CherokeeUST » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:06 am

Maybe there's a market for a smart entrepreneur?

Robert

smellslikegas
Head Tech

Post by smellslikegas » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 am

doesn't surprise me, many years ago I was called out to a location about 10 PM on a hit pump. I pulled up and noticed the lot was wet. I didn't realize until I opened the can door that it was gasoline, immediately moved the van so it wasn't sitting in gas. The hit pump had a blown meter and the lot was full of people standing in gasoline pumping on the other fueling points. I ran inside, hit the e-stop, while the cashier yelled that I couldn't do that, and called the fire department.
I can't fix stupid, But I can sure charge for it.

dieselengine9
Head Tech

Post by dieselengine9 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:46 am

smellslikegas wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 am
doesn't surprise me, many years ago I was called out to a location about 10 PM on a hit pump. I pulled up and noticed the lot was wet. I didn't realize until I opened the can door that it was gasoline, immediately moved the van so it wasn't sitting in gas. The hit pump had a blown meter and the lot was full of people standing in gasoline pumping on the other fueling points. I ran inside, hit the e-stop, while the cashier yelled that I couldn't do that, and called the fire department.
I can't believe you defied the cashier's wishes!! :o