Lynchberg, Va May 10th three known killed. Two more Missing

Post pictures, video or news story links here pertaining to disasters, explosions or accidents at gas stations.
ZMiller
Head Tech

Lynchberg, Va May 10th three known killed. Two more Missing

Post by ZMiller » Sat May 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Another fuel tank explodes?
8:47 PM - May 10, 2019
UPDATE: Rockbridge Co. Fire & EMS confirmed two people dead/found in rubble at gas station. 4 sent to hospital earlier, but their conditions still unknown. (photo:Ryan Clark) pic.twitter.com/FMHJmGBo9F

Firefighters, Police Still On Scene Of South River Market ...
6:50 PM - May 11, 2019
thenews-gazette.com/content/...scene-south-river-market-fire
1 day ago · The fire’s immensity was fueled by the South River Market building itself, as well as the gasoline tanks. “The typical fuel level of a store of this magnitude is a lot,” said Ramsey, “especially with the amount of fire load in the store and the fuel products out back.”
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

ZMiller
Head Tech

Re: Lynchberg, Va May 10th two known killed.

Post by ZMiller » Sat May 11, 2019 4:38 pm

This is it, a flash, little ring(ing) in my ears and it's all over. No more sumps for me without a blower.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

JohnnyP
Head Tech

Re: Lynchberg, Va May 10th three known killed. Two more Missing

Post by JohnnyP » Mon May 27, 2019 3:10 pm

I have not worked at this site but its in my area. Went by there last week to take a look. The tanks didn't explode but they are right behind the building in an open vault. There was definitely fire at and around the tank but not knowing what they looked like before I can't tell how much they may have burned.
The most resent rumor that I heard was that there was a fuel delivery that morning that overfilled the tank. The site had a remote fill in the front of the store to the tanks in the back. No kind of electronic overfill on the tanks and with 4 inch lines going direct to the tops of the tanks I would assume they didn't have any overfill protection.