DCR Issue Baffling

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
sklwater
Head Tech

DCR Issue Baffling

Post by sklwater » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:05 pm

Enc 500 w/Sapphire Shopak 50503. Pumps were going into pump stop, watched lites on B&B, would strobe fine, then go out, then strobe fine again. Moved dcr port, replaced b&B, both d-box bds, Sapphire power supply. Worked fine for about 30 minutes, then repeated. Went back, after dial-in, replaced gempro, hand loaded fuel, worked for day and half, then started again, intermittent. Today, call is all pumps show 'Pay Inside'. Friday evening and saturday, no problems. Couple of pump stopped, today, then Wham! Any thoughts? :?

ATLTech
Head Tech

Re: DCR Issue Baffling

Post by ATLTech » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:37 pm

What are you using as an interface?

sklwater
Head Tech

Post by sklwater » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:08 pm

Pam 1000 w/ b&b for crinds.
I did disable crinds for 2 days while waiting for gempro. They reported no pump problems, while dcr's disabled?

ATLTech
Head Tech

Post by ATLTech » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:55 pm

Maybe something going on with the Pam? I have seen a pam5k lock them up. Or possibly one crind node taking others down. I haven't seen it happen on the encore 500's but I guess it could.

sykes
Head Tech

Post by sykes » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Not sure if this is going on here but I had a site a few years ago that had a faulty keyboard on one of the ruby consoles. One of the keys for the stop key was weak and when someone jarred the counter next to the ruby, it would stop the pumps. If i hadn't seen it with my own eyes i would have never believed it, but that's what was going on there.

sklwater
Head Tech

Post by sklwater » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:06 am

Appreciate the input. At pumps, sale stops and says pump stopped, on register, indicates poll error, then dcr - online. Intermittent, and random pumps :). Tells me comm error, dcr's dont go thru pam ..,,,,,,, ran temp cable from sap to b&b, same thing.

ATLTech
Head Tech

Post by ATLTech » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:01 am

I'm well aware that dcr's don't run through the Pam but you are getting pump stopped. The pam5k I had similar issues with also did not have dcr's going though it. I would also check your hose assignments on your dispensers too. Make sure all the unused products at set to "none" on the hose setup.

bigbadjohn
Head Tech

Post by bigbadjohn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:13 am

D-box power supply maybe.
Red Green "If it moves and shouldn’t: duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should: WD-40."

Kellyhoot
Pump Jockey

Post by Kellyhoot » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:49 am

I believe when the communication is interrupted from the Sapphire/Ruby to the Crind and then reloads. Just as it finishes the reload the pump goes into a stopped state. I have observed this on encore 300's when I've had to coldstart the crinds on a dispenser. Because Graphics take so long to load the store manager would go ahead and open the dispenser up for prepays while the graphics loaded.The dispenser would work ok until the very end of the Graphic loading process and if a customer was in the middle of pumping on a prepay it would go into a pump stopped state.
With that long explaination it sounds as if your losing communication to the crinds intermitantly so I would check for a loose connection in comm 9 (possibly the RS-232 cables has no clip on it) I would check to see if the sapphire is on the same phase of the dispenser and D-box. Check to be sure the wiring for DCR comms is twisted pair or if it's beldon be sure the drain is grounded. Ask if the store recently had any new noise producing equipment installed( canopy lights, neon signs, freezer/refrigerators ect.) Also be sure all dispensers are properly grounded as well as a good ground to the panel they land in. Good luck and let us know how things go.

sklwater
Head Tech

Re: DCR Issue Baffling **Update**

Post by sklwater » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:40 am

Went back the next day, changed the pump D-box bd and the PAM 1000 and have not had a call back. Didn't want to jinx myself and Post this until I was confident the problem has gone away. Transformer power was good in the d-box. ;)