Contaminated DEF

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
ZMiller
Head Tech

Contaminated DEF

Post by ZMiller » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:06 am

Brant NewbiePosts: 1Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:10 pmContact:
Contact Brant
Contaminated DEF
Report this post
Postby Brant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:21 pm

I ran into this for the second time yesterday and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it. I received an emergency call that the DEF was down at their store, upon arrival I found the product had somehow became contaminated. Just like before it looks like a thick, milky substance like water and oil mixed together, that's the best way to describe it. Has anyone else ran into this? Any ideas to what the cause is?
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

Triscone
Head Tech

Re: Contaminated DEF

Post by Triscone » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:12 pm

The only contaminated DEF I've seen was a site where someone ran over the remote fill and didn't call for service until 3-4 storms later and their def inventory was coming up wayyyyy over and a sample tested well below sellable concentration........

That being said, if it quakes its a duck. If it looks like oil/water I'd be looking really hard at delivery BOL's.