Encore, ruby ci debut issue

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
pumpinainteasy
Pump Jockey

Encore, ruby ci debut issue

Post by pumpinainteasy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:12 pm

Installed a ruby ci system on latest bypass generic 3.10.whatever, new dispensers with flex pay 42.11?22. Verified debit outside activated with network, requiring BAMS 601 encryption. Gilbarco only lists 1 BAMS for RKL. Run debit card at pump, get "sale declined, pinpad error". Not running emv at the pumps yet. Dcr set for dukpt in module. Network sees the sale declined and says it's an encryption issue. Credit goes right thru. Going back tomorrow to try some changes/cold starts/purges. RKL'd UPMs twice already. Any thoughts?

Cyclepower
Head Tech

Re: Encore, ruby ci debut issue

Post by Cyclepower » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Buypass has like 6 different encryptions, it's just a matter of finding the one that works. I've had luck having the owner call their CC processing company and asking them what version of encryption you need.

javamelt
Head Tech

Post by javamelt » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:01 pm

Debit enabled in dcr attributes? I’d also contact credit processor like mentioned above to verify exactly which encryption to use.
So you work 40 hour weeks, I remember my first part time job! :lol:

pumpinainteasy
Pump Jockey

Post by pumpinainteasy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Bypass stated to us the BAM 601 encryption is the one required. With debit enabled at dispensers, network sees the sale declined for encryption but gilbarco has only 1 tdes BAM encryption so they say. A previous site we installed running bypass and BAM, network checked their table setup and only difference they see is 2 options on encryption, a 601 and a 603. Either way, back to "gilbarco only having 1 BAM" so they say. Network emailed the acct manager, probably won't here anything for a few days. BAM 601 works in the mx at the register. Tried a fresh upm with another rkl, no change. Made some changes in CI programming and changed back just to see if it wasn't taking the changes, no difference. Sorry folks, credit only at this time!