Gilbarco 300 valve coil melt on "B" sides

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
ZMiller
Head Tech

Gilbarco 300 valve coil melt on "B" sides

Post by ZMiller » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:07 pm

And while we are at it I have two Gilbarco 300 blenders where the control valve coils short circuited and melted into what looks like two lumps of coal on two dispensers sides B only.
Before I throw another coil set on I'm wondering if the B side of board(s) maybe shorted from a lightning strike. Every thing else works through reset/enable when any grade select is made with the result being a slow count at a trickle flow.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

Cyclepower
Head Tech

Re: Gilbarco 300 valve coil melt on "B" sides

Post by Cyclepower » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:01 am

I'd replace the hydraulic interface board before I'd burn up anymore coils.

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:31 am

Thanks I was thinking that best as well.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

nedrah

Post by nedrah » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:55 am

My Encore 300 has a trickle flow as well after the customer lets go of the handle on my REG grade. What is this part called? the Proportional Valve or the digital control valve that may need replacing?