wayne touchscreen softkeys issue

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Okgasman
Head Tech

wayne touchscreen softkeys issue

Post by Okgasman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:03 am

New Startup.

was an ASO for 10 years, then worked for another company for 7 years, now back to wayne ASO, so please bear with me as things have changed a lot

I started up a new site, all softkeys worked correctly, able to use EMV at pumps, ect.

Got a call 2 weeks later that one pump wont work with card reader

on site, I found that the side B left hand softkeys would not work, so the customer could not respond to prompts like do you want a reciept, is this a credit or debit card

Found that the A side right hand softkeys did not work either, but was a non-issue since the prompts never asked for a response from that side.

Each DCR has its own Jade Board, the site has 6 fueling points, only one dispenser has this issue. all on the same software.

The helpdesk said the only way to fix would be to replace the softkey response board, but I am skeptical, as it would have to be 2 different softkey response boards, having the exact same issue, only leftside/rightside as the difference.

I can access the diagnostics via the software loader, but not by pressing the softkeys as usual(obviously) and when it is diagnostic mode, the softkeys do not work either.

before going through the process to warranty replace, was just wondering if any other ASOs have seen this issue

3rdrock
Head Tech

Re: wayne touchscreen softkeys issue

Post by 3rdrock » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:39 am

At a new Murphy’s with Helix, I had 4 right side softkeys stop working after 8 weeks from the startup. So I can see that happening.

Okgasman
Head Tech

Post by Okgasman » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:16 pm

@3rdrock

did you replace the touchscreen response board only or did you order the glass, touchscreen and display as a whole assembly?

3rdrock
Head Tech

Post by 3rdrock » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:07 pm

For an Ovation 2, last time was VGA with the glass was part #wu015068-0001.Full travel softkeys was wu010913-0001. If I remember correctly. The Helix is just a board.

RossD
Head Tech

Post by RossD » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:17 pm

If you can break into programming then check to see it is set for correct soft keys, I have seen a bad softkey cable, bad USB cable from SPM to Jade and bad SPM cause this, swap as many parts as you can before replacing the SPM.
:roll:

cantdrive55
Head Tech

Post by cantdrive55 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:16 am

WU015107-0001 should be the touch screen softkey board - we keep many in stock and replace a lot of them

RossD
Head Tech

Post by RossD » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:12 pm

I have installed a couple hundred of the Ovation 2's with these new softkeys. I stock none of the boards and have replaced 3 as a troubleshooting measure, the problem was not the softkey board. We are in Vegas and it gets hot here, seems strange we are not having this issue.
:roll:

3rdrock
Head Tech

Post by 3rdrock » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:13 am

That is odd. Here in south Florida,our 4 seasons are Hot,Hot,HELL,& Hot. The last 3 were on the same site.
RossD wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:12 pm
I have installed a couple hundred of the Ovation 2's with these new softkeys. I stock none of the boards and have replaced 3 as a troubleshooting measure, the problem was not the softkey board. We are in Vegas and it gets hot here, seems strange we are not having this issue.