breakaway separation no drive off or external force

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
RLKNIGHT

breakaway separation no drive off or external force

Post by RLKNIGHT » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:03 am

We have a site where a 3/4 HP Red Jacket STP supplies fuel to a Wayne Select S1 Compact dispenser. The site is claiming that the breakaways, 2 different manufacturers and 2 different styles , are separating. Separation is not due to drive off, site rep claims he witnessed the breakaway ( OPW 66V-1300 single use) separate while the dispenser was not in use. Has anyone else encountered this issue? breakaways were Catlow single use, OPW reconnectable, and OPW single use.
It is your gods decision to forgive your sins,
I merely arrange the meeting.

tankgenie
Head Tech

Re: breakaway separation no drive off or external force

Post by tankgenie » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:28 am

Our company uses this type of set-up frequently. I'm not sure what's happening, but I have few questions for you to help diagnose the issue-
1. does the S1 select have the hose mast option ? 2. what is the overall length of the hose assembly? 3. Is there a whip hose in the hose assembly?
"Resident Googler"

RLKNIGHT

Post by RLKNIGHT » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:33 pm

set up is Wayne dispenser on stand mounted beside Convault tank> pipe run from STP to dispenser is under 10' > 1" ID elbow from dispenser outlet to filter housing > 1" ID elbow > 1" x 12' steel flex curb hose> breakaway> 8" whip> 1" (2) plane swivel>reducer bushing OPW 11B-0100 Nozzle. There is a PEMCO retractor utilized approximately 5' from the filter housing to keep hose off the ground. Don't have photos saved online so cannot provide a link.

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:36 pm

you just might have a pressure relief issue.

Red Jacket pump.

If Red Jacket adjust line hold pressure at functional element (if newer style), screw out pressure less screw in more pressure.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:50 pm

A first on the forum where two modorators comment.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

tankgenie
Head Tech

Post by tankgenie » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:39 am

Agree with Zane, it could be a pressure issue. I am also wondering if there is too much tension on the hose from the hose retractor assembly.
I found an old manual here's a link with instructions on how to adjust the tension if that is part of the issue https://www.dropbox.com/s/5iec4lq6zirpm ... 9.pdf?dl=0
"Resident Googler"

Techie
Head Tech

Post by Techie » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:50 am

I wonder how the pressure is getting through the pump or dispenser to the actual hose? sounds like a breached solonoid valve could be a piece of this issue

justinforman
Head Tech

Post by justinforman » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:53 pm

Ive had that issue on some old Tok's that had check valves with fouled pressure relief's installed inline after the meter. Swapped those out with new and no more issues.

RLKNIGHT

Post by RLKNIGHT » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:16 pm

Thank you to all. Zero tension on hose, will pass along these recommendations sorry for delay in reply was on vacation.....

RLKNIGHT

Post by RLKNIGHT » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:34 pm

03-17-2023 Update: tech put gauge. on line prior to dispenser and after dispenser prior to filter housing presures while dispensing fuel, line pressure is 28-30 on line both prior to the dispenser and after the dispenser. Stop fueling return nozzle to cradle(STP stops) line pressure prior to dispenser meter drops to zero while line pressure exterior of dispenser prior to fuel filter housing climbs to above 50 PSI. This is without reenergizing dispenser or STP. installed a T in line and ran copper line back to Tank port of STP. line pressure drops to zero. Tech believes issue may lie with proportioning valve/ solenoid interior to Wayne dispenser...... any input?