10.4” VGA display and jade board

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Bcole1717

10.4” VGA display and jade board

Post by Bcole1717 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:04 am

We have been getting non stop work orders for blank VGA displays with jade boards. All I do is hot start jade board with power connector and the screen comes back on during the reboot. Has anyone else experienced this and if so are there any permanent solutions? Thank you!

gashuffers
Head Tech

Re: 10.4” VGA display and jade board

Post by gashuffers » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:26 am

This is common with certain Jade boards. You can try to IX reset and reload, but otherwise replacing is the only other option. Dover is aware of the situation. You may also want to seek their advice.

Bcole1717

Post by Bcole1717 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:40 pm

Thank you for your response! One example I have, We installed new ovation2 dispensers I believe in October. Ive replaced jade board twice and still does it. I even went back for an emergency call today after being there late last evening. It seems to be certain fp’s that constantly have the issue. Wayne is aware of the issue but that is the full extent I got with them. It’s extremely frustrating because I would say I have 3-5 calls a week for this issue.

petrodood1
Head Tech

Post by petrodood1 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:25 am

Yep it's a problem everywhere it gets cold, the jade boards have a sticker that says rev. 11 on it. I've replaced jade boards that were in older ovation2's that worked perfectly fine until they died, install a new jade board and have the problem.. If you noticed the heartbeat LED isn't flashing until you reboot the jade board and it comes up and loads.. It seems like we have the issue between 35 and 40 degrees or so..
Are you here to raise the prices?

I thought it would work even though the bag said "OUT OF SERVICE"

petrodood1
Head Tech

Post by petrodood1 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:44 pm

Wayne has a service bulletin about this, it just came out early in March.
Are you here to raise the prices?

I thought it would work even though the bag said "OUT OF SERVICE"