Tokheim magnetic programming key

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
dlawrence

Tokheim magnetic programming key

Post by dlawrence » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:56 pm

We have two Tokheim Premier B dispensers and I have done all the programming in the past. The other day I went out and placed the magnetic manager key up to the glass like always and the dispenser did not go into programming mode. In fact it did nothing. Tried the other dispenser and it likewise had no response. Thought I had lost it and tried both sides of both dispensers and still no response. It has been over a year since using the key. Do these keys loose their magnetic status or has something happened to our dispensers? Does anyone have an answer?

xardoz
Head Tech

Re: Tokheim magnetic programming key

Post by xardoz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:58 pm

No, guys like me unplug JP6 to avoid the key :shock:
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

petro_tech60
Head Tech

Post by petro_tech60 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:10 am

Check the bottom of the key and make sure that one of the 3 magnets hasn't fallen out. I have had that happen to several keys.

dlawrence

Post by dlawrence » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:12 am

My thanks to both of you.
No magnets have fallen out. Can't imagine why both dispensers would have the same problem.
Heard about the jumper solution but did not know which one.

Many Thanks

bigbadjohn
Head Tech

Post by bigbadjohn » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:08 pm

If you have a stuck button, even if it's one that isn't active in programming then you can't get into programming. Nozzle switch, grade select or a key on the preset pad can all be culprits. Unplug all the the keypads and see if you can get into programming, then plug them back in one at a time until you identify the bad one.
Red Green "If it moves and shouldn’t: duct tape. If it doesn’t move and should: WD-40."

JLindsay2783

Post by JLindsay2783 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:09 am

xardoz wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:58 pm
No, guys like me unplug JP6 to avoid the key :shock:
You mean J6 the connector of the CPU Board? If so, doesn't that also unplug J25? I'm asking because I also need to try this but don't want to make thins worse either...

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:23 pm

J6 of the sales display
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin