Diesel Conversion (PICS)

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
therealmsurfer
Head Tech

Diesel Conversion (PICS)

Post by therealmsurfer » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:47 pm

What do you guys think. Installed new 3+1 Wayne Ovations and converted the old 89 tank to diesel. Changed out the TLM float kit to diesel. Checked calibration, and also had weights and measures out as well to verify. Updated programming per below:

Customer is coming up short most days when reconciling POS sales to VeederRoot Inventory reports.

I stuck the tank and to make sure the stick matches the inventory, and it was pretty spot on, within a quarter inch...

If I have to go back, I only want to go back one more time. Is it a setup issue with the VeederRoot? Do I need to check dispenser calibration again for a third time? Is their fuel sales too low to even try and reconcile POS sales to VeederRoot inventory measurement. I figure someone here has the answer on this...

cantdrive55
Head Tech

Re: Diesel Conversion (PICS)

Post by cantdrive55 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Is the Veeder Root performing it's daily at the same time as the POS? Calibration at the pump, people stealing fuel, VR programming. I'd start by making sure the Ovation had the stand alone jumpers pulled. Lock the fill cap. Make sure using correct tank chart. Add more than 4 points in the VR. (fix your overfill / high product alarms and leak minimums). Check for tank tilt and clean the probe and floats.

Someone chime in if I'm missing something..

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Check meter calibration again. Looks like a meter to me.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Check meters slow and fast.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

therealmsurfer
Head Tech

Post by therealmsurfer » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Anyone kind enough to email me calibration instructions please in case we do need to adjust?

ryan@balchpetroleum.com

ATLTech
Head Tech

Post by ATLTech » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:26 am

It is not likely to be calibration. The variance is too high for the little fuel that is dispensed. If the calibration were off, on the 25th it would be overfilling your test can by close to 1 gallon. That is if my math is correct. It could be theft, change the passcode and remove the jumpers. Otherwise as stated add more points in the tank chart and make sure it's the correct chart.

Triscone
Head Tech

Post by Triscone » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:54 am

I'd be curious of how your other products look on a similar spreadsheet on those same days. Depending on the pos is it possible perhaps 1 position is misconfigured in the pos and the pos believes that you have sold a blended 89 at the dispenser instead of the dsl that was actually dispensed.

I agree this is unlikely to be calibration as the amount missing compared to throughout is much too large.

405pumptech1
Pump Jockey

Post by 405pumptech1 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Need more Correction points, try the 20 pts and see how that works. If no change then shut down one dispenser at a time for the day. Check reconciliation for changes in results. If no change on first dispenser then shut down the next dispenser the next day until you find one causing you the problem. Why set the tank diameter to 119" instead of 120"? If not resolved then I would swap probes with another tank. Hook up POS to your tank monitor for better reconciliation. Lastly buy an Incon TS-550 EVO. Problems solved