tokheim prem b and commander

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
405pumptech1
Pump Jockey

tokheim prem b and commander

Post by 405pumptech1 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 pm

anyone have the setup for this install? 5 product blenders, premier b non graphic dpt. dpt communicate fine through fci. standard dhc with 6.17 software rs232 from dhc to rubyci.? any info apprec iated.
matt

Todd2869
Head Tech

Re: tokheim prem b and commander

Post by Todd2869 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:38 pm

I know we have had much better luck with a VXDHC for Fuel.

FCI good for card readers.

What was the setup on the previous POS?

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Both of mine have been VxDHC, Pop'ed right up

Have one site 7/8 down , Authorizes but will not reset, 26 error

Verifone Blames the Pump, Wayne blames Verifone
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

bvick
Head Tech

Post by bvick » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:28 am

i would try a VXDHC, I have had issue with Standard DHC(83)
bvick

cantdrive55
Head Tech

Post by cantdrive55 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:22 am

Not only a VXDHC, but one with later software. I've had a couple sites where the software in the VHDHC was still too old. Don't ask what versions, I don't remember. Don't forget that you will need the jumper plug for the 180 cable to be able to keep the 67 box e stop relay powered up if you still are using it. And if you switch from DHC to VHDHC you have to upgrade the 67 to a 67B box.

**Xardoz** err 26 is a blend ratio error. Make sure they match, make sure the chips on the CPU and Blend boards are latest software, and make sure you set the pump to a "2" in F26 so it's not trying to match the blend ratio to the POS.

petro_tech60
Head Tech

Post by petro_tech60 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:42 pm

We have a site with 5 product Tokheim blenders. It took Verifone 3 weeks to write a patch for them to work. They had never tested Tokheim 4 or 5 product blenders and the Commander would not even put prices in the correct PPGs on the dispensers. Your 83 DHC will not work. You will have to put in a VXDHC and 67B. Contact engineering at Verifone so you can get the patch. My site is HPS so they will most likely have to rewrite a patch for you. Hate to say it but good luck.

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 am

I have a spare VxDHC is needed...

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:26 am

I have a spare VxDHC if needed...

Benjamin Franklin

405pumptech1
Pump Jockey

Post by 405pumptech1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:49 am

Thank you all for the information, I ordered a vxdhc and converted 67 to 67b still the same issues. Partially communicates, enough to know it is trying to talk but will send no prices to the dispensers, I can now get error 26 to pop up but no real results, Tried all hose configurations. No change. Loaded a single ruby and it will do everything it is supposed to do with the dispensers, Plug back into the commander and still nothing. VHD is a joke, they emailed me 2 documents from 2014 that helped Zilch. No mention of a patch, or work around. Someone had to certify the equipment and BETA testing. Why is it so hard for Verifone to produce quality documentation for the technicians installing the equipment? Anyway long story short, the only way I got the dispensers working with the commander and VXDHC or DHC was to make the dispensers 3 product dispensers with option 26 set to a 0 for variable blend. Problem solved. Damn that was 2 days of my life I will never recoup.

petro_tech60
Head Tech

Post by petro_tech60 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:46 pm

As I said in my earlier post, Those dispensers were never tested by VeriFone with the Commander. They are somewhat rare. On my install I would get the same price in two different spots in the dispensers and some prices wouldn't send at all, even with a VXDHC. That is why VeriFone wrote a patch. We had to hook up the Ruby, send prices then disconnect the Ruby and hook up the Ci again and it would work as long as we didn't initialize fuel on the Ci. It doesn't matter now because the site bought new Ovation2s. I totally agree about VeriFone. Their internal communications as far as referencing problem sites is non-existent. I'm sure someone in that company has the ability configure their database to allow them to look up a problem by the issue and not just the site. If they could cross reference a problem then they could help us in the field much more effectively.