Breached SPM

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
cantdrive55
Head Tech

Re: Breached SPM

Post by cantdrive55 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Some techs aren't as informed of the programs being offered by the factory. Most of those are being sold through the sales dept. Call the company and ask about the red to jade program.

Samir
Head Tech

Post by Samir » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:56 pm

cantdrive55 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:23 pm
Some techs aren't as informed of the programs being offered by the factory. Most of those are being sold through the sales dept. Call the company and ask about the red to jade program.
True as they're not involved as much on the sales side, but it's surprising that the two companies I've worked with, neither tech knew about the jade board deal when talking to their service managers. I'll see what they say now that I've already bought some boards--probably not much more than 'you can buy the jade ones'.

So speaking about jade boards and emv, I just visited 2 other Chevron branded sites today--one with the Verifone system for Chevron, and one with the Gilbarco system. Now, I've got my opinions on both of them from what I was able to see, but not considering any support considerations of parts/techs/etc and just pure usability and installation quirks/details, which system have you installed out there installed with Ovation 1 pumps and which did you like and why? Which did your sites complain less about or rave about after the installs? Also, what do you think about the prospects of a working outdoor emv solution for each system? Any opinions on the subject from anyone welcome as I want to dig a bit deeper than the marketing material and seeing them in person. Thank you!
Not a technician even though it says 'Head Tech'. :?

pumpguy55
Head Tech

Post by pumpguy55 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:56 am

Samir wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:56 pm
cantdrive55 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:23 pm
True as they're not involved as much on the sales side, but it's surprising that the two companies I've worked with, neither tech knew about the jade board deal when talking to their service managers. I'll see what they say now that I've already bought some boards--probably not much more than 'you can buy the jade ones'.

So speaking about jade boards and emv, I just visited 2 other Chevron branded sites today--one with the Verifone system for Chevron, and one with the Gilbarco system. Now, I've got my opinions on both of them from what I was able to see, but not considering any support considerations of parts/techs/etc and just pure usability and installation quirks/details, which system have you installed out there installed with Ovation 1 pumps and which did you like and why? Which did your sites complain less about or rave about after the installs? Also, what do you think about the prospects of a working outdoor emv solution for each system? Any opinions on the subject from anyone welcome as I want to dig a bit deeper than the marketing material and seeing them in person. Thank you!
From what I have been told Verifone and Wayne are working closely on the solution, it is in beta test now. I have not heard a word about Gilbarco and Wayne working together but that is possible.

Samir
Head Tech

Post by Samir » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:28 pm

So to answer my own question on this now that we've made the switch--Gilbarco with Wayne Ovations works beautifully. Our displays actually look better than verifone, and I've personally visited a working site with wayne emv outside and Gilbarco passport inside (it is actually what convinced me to go this route). It's here and it already works. This is the setup we went with with our current card readers. Haven't done the move to emv outside yet as every service company is months out.
Not a technician even though it says 'Head Tech'. :?