Passport PX60 ALL IN ONE POS

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Pranavz
Pump Jockey

Passport PX60 ALL IN ONE POS

Post by Pranavz » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:37 am

Hello,

I just got Passport Px60 dual all in one system for BP site

Screen is really bright and I was to,d by Gilbarco help desk there is No adjustment on volume and brightness

It's really hard for me to believe after spending over $10k you do t have option to adjust volume or brightness

On my older one it was right on monitor

Any suggestions would be Appreciated

Thanks
Pranav

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Re: Passport PX60 ALL IN ONE POS

Post by Joejohnson » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:12 am

Pranavz wrote:Hello,

Screen is really bright and I was to,d by Gilbarco help desk there is No adjustment on volume and brightness

It's really hard for me to believe after spending over $10k you do t have option to adjust volume or brightness

Thanks
Pranav
Not much experience with Passport but I can guarantee asking the same question 3 times in 8hrs will not expedite a response.

Trickle
Head Tech

Post by Trickle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks
Pranav

For the sound hold Ctrl+alt+p and type in gilbarco for the username and passport for the password. There is a little speaker on the top right area of that menu bar for the sound.

Lewpac

Post by Lewpac » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Trickle wrote:

Thanks
Pranav

For the sound hold Ctrl+alt+p and type in gilbarco for the username and passport for the password. There is a little speaker on the top right area of that menu bar for the sound.
To my knowledge, this actually doesn't work on PX60 versions for whatever reason.

You, as an owner, won't be able to do this - but if you call a technician they will be able to get into the windows control panel and adjust it there.

Gadget
Head Tech

Post by Gadget » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:05 pm

If this is a new install you should have help desk support.
Call Gilbarco and they can dial into the register and raise the volume for you.

Pranavz
Pump Jockey

Post by Pranavz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 am

Yes thank you for the replies
I did call Gilbarco Help Desk after few tries I had to get the supervisor involved and she couldn't do it either
She called tier 3 and they were able to do it

This is really stupid you would expect to be able to adjust volume and screen brightness on the 15k equipments

But I really appreciate your help

bconne1
Head Tech

Post by bconne1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 am

This is really stupid you would expect to be able to adjust volume and screen brightness on the 15k equipments
Restricting access to Windows is part of what keeps your POS secure and compliant so that you and your customers don't get fleeced. Just saying...

bonneaus
Head Tech

Post by bonneaus » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:34 pm

bconne1 wrote:
Restricting access to Windows is part of what keeps your POS secure and compliant so that you and your customers don't get fleeced. Just saying...
Agreed bconne1, but did this request really have to go to Tier 3? I think 1 or maybe 2, but not all the way up to 3.

bconne1
Head Tech

Post by bconne1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:24 am

Agreed bconne1, but did this request really have to go to Tier 3? I think 1 or maybe 2, but not all the way up to 3.
Hmm...it's possible the problem wasn't properly explained or maybe that help desk employee was off their game that day. Also I'm not sure if the store support side of the help desk routinely accesses Windows-level issues. I only ever call them to activate modules.

It's also possible that this is exaggeration or not entirely true or is one side of the story.

Glad it's resolved, though.

rob.zinke
Pump Jockey

Post by rob.zinke » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:20 pm

Yea the speaker icon is nice but using gilbarco passport it does not truly change the volume. I did use callcenter and then you can change the volume using the speaker, which of course is only useful for an ASC or CSC who has access.
System Administrator
Gilbarco CSC Tech
Fresh Start Convenience