Passport - EBT and Coupon MOP

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Pump Jockey

Passport - EBT and Coupon MOP

Post by Bethlehem_Gas_Guy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Have a customer that called in with issues when using the EBT MOP on a Passport - BP V10. For all MOPs, the coupon MOP will reduce the item price. If they use the EBT MOP, you cannot use a coupon with it. This chain has 35 sites on Passport, the EBT & MOP work correctly everywhere else. What have they changed there??

Head Tech

Re: Passport - EBT and Coupon MOP

Post by bconne1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:05 pm

I would start at the start and make sure that the issue is exactly how it's being reported. Could be user error. What exactly is happening when they try to apply the coupon? What message is being displayed?

Failing that, I would double check the EBT tender and/or coupon key options. Can you compare those configs to a known working location? Also maybe check the transaction options.

Of course, you could always go to another site with the same brand and version of Passport software and use the extraction tool for tender and coupon options. Then go back to the problem site and import that extraction file. I strongly suggest taking a snapshot backup before importing anything, though. I've had some wonky issues result when using the extraction tool.

Pump Jockey

Post by squintter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:35 am

The Passport does a terrible job with split tenders with any mop. You can't sell gas and merchandise use a coupon and credit card.

Pump Jockey

Post by rob.zinke » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:14 pm

typically EBT does not allow coupons (state or federal law, I don't remember) so that may be the issue.
split pay with gas cash/credit not working makes sense if the price point is different because you have to set up different mops as to which is which.
System Administrator
Gilbarco CSC Tech
Fresh Start Convenience