Gilbarco Passport lagging

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Hafla
Pump Jockey

Gilbarco Passport lagging

Post by Hafla » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Ex. Passport takes time to register any key I press than it run fine for little while and than do it all over again? Will upgrading HDD or RAM will take care of the problem? BTW problem started recently. The site has updated to version 11

ZMiller
Head Tech

Re: Gilbarco Passport lagging

Post by ZMiller » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Buffering full?
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they begin looking forward to the trip"

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Post by Joejohnson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Hafla wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:49 pm
Ex. Passport takes time to register any key I press than it run fine for little while and than do it all over again? Will upgrading HDD or RAM will take care of the problem? BTW problem started recently. The site has updated to version 11
I thought you were now a GVR Tech?

Keeping up with your posts?

Trickle
Head Tech

Post by Trickle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Hafla wrote:
Parity is most likely bloated. Need to install quickfix 6.

Hafla
Pump Jockey

Post by Hafla » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Joejohnson wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:40 pm
Hafla wrote:
I thought you were now a GVR Tech?

Keeping up with your posts?
Not a tech Gvr Tech yet. The company needs at least 6 months worth of field experience.

Hafla
Pump Jockey

Post by Hafla » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Trickle wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm
Hafla wrote:
and let me guess you need a tech # to do that?

Trickle
Head Tech

Post by Trickle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Hafla wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:22 pm
Trickle wrote:
Hafla wrote:
In one of your posts you said you were given a tech #. If you're not Gilbarco certified why do you keep trying to work on shit?

Hafla
Pump Jockey

Post by Hafla » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Trickle wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:41 pm
Hafla wrote:
Trickle wrote:

In one of your posts you said you were given a tech #. If you're not Gilbarco certified why do you keep trying to work on shit?
Why is it bothering you so much? U were born with tech skills?

Joejohnson
Head Tech

Post by Joejohnson » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 am

Hafla wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Trickle wrote:
Hafla wrote:

My take is you are an owner or owner rep trying to do stuff you are not qualified for.

Telling us you are now certified to then turn around and say you are not certified is no way to make friends.

Hire someone to fix your issues.

Hafla
Pump Jockey

Post by Hafla » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:50 am

Joejohnson wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 am
Hafla wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Trickle wrote:

My take is you are an owner or owner rep trying to do stuff you are not qualified for.

Telling us you are now certified to then turn around and say you are not certified is no way to make friends.

Hire someone to fix your issues.
I was in the process of buying an existing business and that's why I asked a question regarding transferring tech #. I meant to ask what if I get a gilbarco tech # thru an existing company but instead the way I wrote my question it appears that I already got a tech #. But anyhow I met with that company owner and found out he doesn't have a tech # either so I canceled the deal. Yes I am the owner of couple of gas stations and I try to fix as much as I can because this is my passion not because I can't afford it. I also work on personal computers /latops/smartphones. I applied at my local Asc company but they don't hire unless someone give reference from inside the company. Well it seems I won't get help from this forum now. Thanks everyone who helped me.