Dear Gilbarco

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Mrdangerous
Head Tech

Dear Gilbarco

Post by Mrdangerous » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:12 pm

You have made a right thorough mess of the Extranet and GOLD. The search feature is crippled, and you removed the "updated within the last 30 days" which was supremely helpful. You've also started shipping us Passport servers pre-loaded with v11.02, but we can't get any thumb drives with the new images on them from you, so we're having to waste time downgrading them in order to install them.

Also, why do I have to be certified in Impulse in order to be REcertified in Passport. They are separate systems, and we refuse to sell or service that Impulse nonsense. In fact, we still have two or three of them in our warehouse that you sent us several years ago that you sold directly to someone despite the fact we had no one certified on them or interested in installing them. We've tried to contact you about their return, but it seems you don't want the silly things either.

Seriously, it isn't necessary to make things any more difficult than they already are.
No, I can't sell you cigarettes. I don't work here and this pile of parts is the cash register.

Mrdangerous
Head Tech

Re: Dear Gilbarco

Post by Mrdangerous » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:20 am

Perhaps you could hire Morgan Freeman to narrate your training videos.
No, I can't sell you cigarettes. I don't work here and this pile of parts is the cash register.

POSITive
Head Tech

Post by POSITive » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:31 am

I actually pictured Lliam Neeson reading this with a phone to his ear...

jpowers
Head Tech

Post by jpowers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:14 am

If everyone is thinking the same...no-one is really thinking.

NewGEMC
Head Tech

Post by NewGEMC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Mrdangerous wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:12 pm
You have made a right thorough mess of the Extranet and GOLD. The search feature is crippled, and you removed the "updated within the last 30 days" which was supremely helpful. You've also started shipping us Passport servers pre-loaded with v11.02, but we can't get any thumb drives with the new images on them from you, so we're having to waste time downgrading them in order to install them.

Also, why do I have to be certified in Impulse in order to be REcertified in Passport. They are separate systems, and we refuse to sell or service that Impulse nonsense. In fact, we still have two or three of them in our warehouse that you sent us several years ago that you sold directly to someone despite the fact we had no one certified on them or interested in installing them. We've tried to contact you about their return, but it seems you don't want the silly things either.

Seriously, it isn't necessary to make things any more difficult than they already are.

Id like to hire you! I think youd fit in here just fine, let me know if I can steal you away!

justinforman
Head Tech

Post by justinforman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:21 pm

I agree with you 100%. Does anyone like the new learning portal?

kmiller
Head Tech

Post by kmiller » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Nope. SABA and Extranet Gold isn’t that user friendly. I am definitely disappointed with them both.
Kelly Miller

JohnnyP
Pump Jockey

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Its like somebody heard me say the search on gold couldn't be any worse and they came back with hold my beer. Saba I can deal with.

Mrdangerous
Head Tech

Post by Mrdangerous » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:45 pm

And then there's the test questions. "What happens when the retaining coil isn't properly seated?"
What the heck is a retaining coil? What is it in? A pump? A dispenser? An Eclipse? An Encore? 300? 500? 700? There's nothing in any parts list called a "retaining coil" that I'm able to find. (In case any one gets that question, it's referring to the retaining CLIPS ON THE DIGITAL VALVE coil.) Is it really that hard to properly name the equipment you actually make? How about the one that asks what color an LED is when the documentation only states that it'll be on or off? Then there's the video with no sound. What are you trying to show me, strange mute person? Are we playing charades?

It would be comical if my livelihood didn't depend on this mess.

ATLTech
Head Tech

Post by ATLTech » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Let me guess... you have never worked on Wayne? Coming from someone that has worked on both. Wayne is definitely not garbage compared to Gilbarco. I don’t think either is. But.... if it had to pick it wouldn’t be Wayne....