CRIND Issues

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
jgar477
Head Tech
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 2:52 am

CRIND Issues

Post by jgar477 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:25 am

I have a Valero site that is running a RubyCi with Buypass 3.02.34 that has six Gilbarco Advantages with monochrome displays and membrane style pinpads. The firmware version is 60.4.90.

The site is reporting that when a customer sometimes tries to run a credit card at the pump that it will take a long time to process.

I noticed that when pressing pay credit, pay debit (site has gsm), or pay inside at the pump that the pinpad would beep but not respond. Warm starting or cold starting the crind's would not help and sometimes the pump would get stuck on CRIND Bios.

Re-initializing DCR's will fix the issue for a day or so and then the problem will return. I have replaced one of the crind logic boards on pump 3 but the problem will return on that pump after a day or so. The first time I went out there for that issue was on pumps 2,3, and 6. The second time I believe it was 1,2, 3 and 5. The second time I was out there I upgraded the firmware with 62.6.10 not knowing that was for crinds with epp. The release notes say that version 60.4.90 will work as well. I rebooted the Ruby and the FCI the second time around on Friday. Other than maybe swapping out crind logic boards I'm not sure what else to try. Any advice appreciated.

jberthi2
Head Tech
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Phoenix, az

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by jberthi2 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:44 am

Turn off two dispensers at a time, leave them off for a day or so and see if problem goes away. Could be a bad logic or regulator board is dragging down the rest of them, its happened to me a couple of times.

Jhoward93
Pump Jockey
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by Jhoward93 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:12 am

Try dividing up the dispenser CRINDS between two current loop boards in the FCI.

eromlo49
Head Tech
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:57 am

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by eromlo49 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:06 am

If they are the old style advantage with the long 13 watt display bulbs I have see a bad hot bulb in one dispenser affecting crind comms in that one and erratically on the others. Good luck!

patelsvc
Head Tech
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 4:41 am

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by patelsvc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 am

I have same issue on my site. After couple of days, my pump 1 &2 3&4 goes offline online for a while. rebooting pump alone, it would not help.
Called up Verifone and logged the issue with them. No help.
I have tech came in and looked into it, could not find any solution to resolve.

The only solution to this so far is:
Power off, ruby and commander, FCI, and pump.
Power on in a sequence as: pump & FCI wait until your pump DCR is fully loaded, then power up Ruby and commander.

This will work for atleast couple of days and you have same issue again re-do it same way.

So far no help from Verifone. They do not want to admit that its a FCI acting up. Its a bad firmware they have in FCI.


Joejohnson
Head Tech
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by Joejohnson » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:37 am

patelsvc wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:05 am
I have same issue on my site. After couple of days, my pump 1 &2 3&4 goes offline online for a while. rebooting pump alone, it would not help.
Called up Verifone and logged the issue with them. No help.
I have tech came in and looked into it, could not find any solution to resolve.

The only solution to this so far is:
Power off, ruby and commander, FCI, and pump.
Power on in a sequence as: pump & FCI wait until your pump DCR is fully loaded, then power up Ruby and commander.

This will work for atleast couple of days and you have same issue again re-do it same way.

So far no help from Verifone. They do not want to admit that its a FCI acting up. Its a bad firmware they have in FCI.
Far more than just the FCI makes the system work.

Issues such as these are few and far between making blaming a FCI issue for the cause far fetched.

gashole
Pump Jockey
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by gashole » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:12 pm

there's a patch for that - lol

stuppid
Head Tech
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:10 am

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by stuppid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 pm

I hear there is a new FCI firmware available on the portal. ;)

ATLTech
Head Tech
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:10 am

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by ATLTech » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 pm

stuppid wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 pm
I hear there is a new FCI firmware available on the portal. ;)

Ok. I download the patch and burned to a cd. Where is the dang disk drive?

Joejohnson
Head Tech
Posts: 662
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: CRIND Issues

Post by Joejohnson » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 pm

ATLTech wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 pm
stuppid wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 pm
I hear there is a new FCI firmware available on the portal. ;)

Ok. I download the patch and burned to a cd. Where is the dang disk drive?
Yours didn't come with one?

Post Reply