Sams Club CAT sticking at "Cancelling Please Wait"

Look here for answers to your technical questions. Post a question or share your expertise with others.
Jhoward93
Pump Jockey

Sams Club CAT sticking at "Cancelling Please Wait"

Post by Jhoward93 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:21 am

Did a EMV upgrade at a Sam's Club recently. Shortly after the upgrade fueling point #2 CAT screen got stuck on "Cancelling Please Wait". At this point a reboot did not help. Swapped the SCD module with #1. The next day the issue returned on #2. Went back and swapped the SPM and the cable between SPM and card reader from #2 to #1. Problem moved to #1. Installed new SPM and cable and problem appeared to be resolved. Just got a call this morning saying #1 is back at "Cancelling Please Wait". I have also installed a new secure card reader on #1. Only item left is the Jade board, but this problem followed from #2 and the Jade boards are not one of the parts I swapped. Scratching my head on this one....

petrodood1
Head Tech

Re: Sams Club CAT sticking at "Cancelling Please Wait"

Post by petrodood1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Maybe an Igem Issue, common to both sides. I haven't had the thrill of doing an upgrade yet, (next week). I am sure of one thing though, if it was cold and snowy in Austin, TX and Bentonville, Ak. we probably wouldn't be doing these in January, Feb. and March... :x
Are you here to raise the prices?

I thought it would work even though the sign said "OUT OF ORDER"

It's come to me over the years that orange cones are idiot attractants.. :P

3rdrock
Pump Jockey

Post by 3rdrock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:33 am

Jhoward93 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:21 am
Did a EMV upgrade at a Sam's Club recently. Shortly after the upgrade fueling point #2 CAT screen got stuck on "Cancelling Please Wait". At this point a reboot did not help. Swapped the SCD module with #1. The next day the issue returned on #2. Went back and swapped the SPM and the cable between SPM and card reader from #2 to #1. Problem moved to #1. Installed new SPM and cable and problem appeared to be resolved. Just got a call this morning saying #1 is back at "Cancelling Please Wait". I have also installed a new secure card reader on #1. Only item left is the Jade board, but this problem followed from #2 and the Jade boards are not one of the parts I swapped. Scratching my head on this one....
That is odd.
We had 2 Cats do the same thing and replaced the Secure Card Reader on both and the issue went away.

Jhoward93
Pump Jockey

Post by Jhoward93 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 pm

I visited the site yesterday and found my problem. There was a small plastic piece that protruded further than the tab for the card reader security switch. It was a piece from the mold at the factory (I assume). I looked at several other panels that the card reader mounts to and none of them had it, only #2. This piece prevented the security switches from engaging all the way. Broke the piece off, remounted the card reader, and haven't heard back. I hope you can see the pictures I have provided.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hm74L4skDELLl4d53

jberthi2
Head Tech

Post by jberthi2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:27 pm

nice find, thanks for the info

smellslikegas
Head Tech

Post by smellslikegas » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Did you move the whole panel from 2 to 1?

Not following how this defect on 2 could make it move to 1 if you didn't.
I can't fix stupid, But I can sure charge for it.

Rustymich

Post by Rustymich » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:00 pm

jberthi2 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:27 pm
nice find, thanks for the info
You jinks it now a call back, looks good though I can see why that would have been an issue, wonder if any other are like that?

Rob1957
Head Tech

Post by Rob1957 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:05 am

" I am sure of one thing though, if it was cold and snowy in Austin, TX and Bentonville, Ak. we probably wouldn't be doing these in January, Feb. and March... :x"

Not true. We did one right down the street from WalMart home office 2 weeks ago. We had a high of about 20 that day with wind chill down to 10 degrees.

Jhoward93
Pump Jockey

Post by Jhoward93 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:34 pm

smellslikegas wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:37 pm
Did you move the whole panel from 2 to 1?

Not following how this defect on 2 could make it move to 1 if you didn't.
Yes. I moved the panel from #2 to #1.