ATG Records

Underground storage tank regulations, compliance issues and news from EPA OUST, ASTSWMO, CALCUPA and state regulatory agencies.
Montana_Tanks

ATG Records

Post by Montana_Tanks » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:28 pm

Howdy all!

Here is a question whose answer could make all of our lives easier. With the more in-depth inspections necessary today, I am looking for a way to scan ATG printouts to pdf or other electronic files. Especially Veeder Root. Almost everything I do is electronic now (except sending out checks). Having a file for tests, results, setup, alarms etc. would be a great asset. Previously I have taped printouts to blank paper and scanned them in using a MFP. Any ideas that could decrease the time to save these for future work? Just trying to up my game and make compliance easier for my clients.

Impress me!
Tank guys are the most effective environmentalists ever!

dieselengine9
Head Tech

Re: ATG Records

Post by dieselengine9 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:59 am

Not sure what type of phone you have but I have a Galaxy S10 and it allows the camera to take a scan of a document. It essentially takes a picture but gives you a "print" option and in the printer list you can select "save as pdf"

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Re: ATG Records

Post by CherokeeUST » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:04 am

I have been using my phone for years. I used to take a picture and email it to myself. Then I started using an app (I don't recall the name now) and it worked ok.

Now I use an app called Adobe Scan. https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/mobile/scanner-app.html

I have been pretty impressed with it. Just point it at the paper, it finds the corners and captures the image and sizes it all at one time. Then you send yourself a link to the pdf.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.
Robert

Join our UST Compliance Group.
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8358167/