Better labeling of techs on forum

Current and archived opinion polls from the Petroleum Equipment Institute.
technoman
Head Tech

Better labeling of techs on forum

Post by technoman » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:36 pm

I was on the site browsing I see a store owner with svc behind his name and all 27 issues was about his shell station. He also had head tech below his name. Then after looking a little further if you ask questions for help you get a notch and after asking more questions you get the label head tech and I know a few of you and you have in the past or today use me as your phone tech. so I think the system should work to give you a notch only if you offer help to questions. The way it is now I could ask what time it is and I'll be head tech. :D :D :D
Keep it simple the more Complex it is the more expensive and harder to understand and guess what you get the same result. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

xardoz
Head Tech

Re: Better labeling of techs on forum

Post by xardoz » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:09 pm

https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

ZMiller
Head Tech

Post by ZMiller » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:46 am

I had a real "Head Tech." years ago call me from a site asking what a 52 valve was used for. So labels obiviouslly mean nothing on the forum or in real life.
When you are dead it's likely you won't know it. It could be difficult for others. It's the same if you are stupid.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to Hell in a way that they will begin looking forward to the trip"

dmcginnis89
Head Tech

Post by dmcginnis89 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:03 am

ZMiller wrote:I had a real "Head Tech." years ago call me from a site asking what a 52 valve was used for. So labels obiviouslly mean nothing on the forum or in real life.

Take it back...my whole life revolves around how cool I am online.

:(

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:11 pm

I had a tech from So Cal with 10 years experience, did not know what "Valve On Delay" was... :roll:
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

CherokeeUST
Head Tech

Post by CherokeeUST » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:04 am

The label "Head Tech" only applies to your ranking as a poster to the board. The Admin is the only one who can change those generic titles, but it would still work out the same. People with "X" amount of posts will all have the same label.

If you have an idea for better labels we would be open to them.
The opinions expressed here are entirely mine and are not endorsed by my employer.
Robert

Join our UST Compliance Group.
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8358167/

1onemarty
Head Tech
Location: Chicago, Phoenix, Houston, Seattle, Milwaukee, Madison.

Post by 1onemarty » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:51 pm

I thought we went over this subject a long time ago and this won't change apparently. All you need to do is get on here and babble a lot and you become head tech which is kind of funny. Samir comes to mind and I haven't been on this web site in a long time. This site should probably just eliminate those labels because they mean nothing.
Marty's Petro Services :evil: