Sapphire Techs

Current and archived opinion polls from the Petroleum Equipment Institute.
xardoz
Head Tech

Sapphire Techs

Post by xardoz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:15 pm

After helping customers around the country, I have been seeing some really poorly installed Sapphires from a software point of view.

So, What do you guys thinks?
https://online.hillsdale.edu

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

pumpdoctor357

Sapphire Techs

Post by pumpdoctor357 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:20 am

Not enough choices. What I've seen is closer to 90% suck at sapphires & over 50% suck at petroleum equipment. With @ 25% dangerous.
If I knew it all,

I'd be dumber than I think.

asmith5451

Sapphire Techs

Post by asmith5451 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:50 am

Hi I have a question concerning that poll of yours. Is there a specific Bob your referring to in your post? Because I know of a bob who installs Sapphires around the country and wondering if it was him.

asmith5451

Sapphire Techs

Post by asmith5451 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:34 am

No body knows? aww

xardoz
Head Tech

Re: Sapphire Techs

Post by xardoz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:16 pm

What Bob? :lol:

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
Benjamin Franklin

technoman
Head Tech

Post by technoman » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Its Not just the techs but companies with out any pride in what they do so it trickles down to the tech. I was on my way to two sites one mile apart from each other. Customer was antsy and called two companies out. So as I drove by the first site I saw the other company so I thought cool I'll grab the other. It wasn't ten minutes at the second site and the owner called and said what are you doing? I said $#@ was at the site. He said no he took off said he didn't know what to do. I thought to myself what stupid #$$ Service Manager allowed someone out that didn't know what he was doing with out back up. But that's why we are successful and they are slowly falling they don't care they think their size will hold them up but its not. Soon there will be only two of us here instead of three. :D :D :D :D :D
Keep it simple the more Complex it is the more expensive and harder to understand and guess what you get the same result. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

xardoz
Head Tech

Post by xardoz » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Years ago...

Standalone Ruby Site

Site called me and asked...
What does "Store and Forward Full" mean? :o

I told him his terminal had 1000 stored credit cards and not to power cycle or even look at it funny. :shock:

While finding a tech to go, he called me back and said "I have found someone else who can get here faster!" :roll:

No issues, good luck with that...

The tech had never heard of the term "Store and Forward", promptly reloading the system :evil:

The rest is history :twisted:

Benjamin Franklin